"Cortana disabled by company policy" Windows 10 Home user?!

iambengreen

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi, getting slightly frustrated. I just updated to Windows 10 and everything seems fine. Except Cortana.

When I go to the search settings, it said Cortana is not available in my region or language (even though I am in the UK with the UK Language and Region settings). So I went into those seperate settings and downloaded the language packs, and installed them. Restarted the computer and now Cortana is saying that it's disabled by company policy! This is a normal, home edition of Windows. It is not enterprise/business. Please can someone help me switch this on!?

Thanks!

iambengreen

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Nope. I contacted Microsoft Support who took over my computer via Remote Desktop. They couldn't figure out why it would not let Cortana work so they are going to ring me back tomorrow.

Andy Gilbert1

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Sorted it. found this on a forum and its true, all the buttons are incorrect.
click on not interested an dit started working!

'm having the exact same problem, right now I'm trying to download the speech recognition and text-to-speech optional features. Will update you if it worked or not.
[–]Zyvoxx 1 point an hour ago
That worked for me. I downloaded all of the English ones I found
permalinkparent
[–]Losemind 1 point an hour ago
Yeah, it worked for me as well. Except the strings for setting up Cortana are all messed up. "Not Interested" means Yes, "Sounds Good" means No. "I need additional su..." means Next. Like what the hell, I had no idea what Cortana wants from me since I kept clicking sounds good and it kept going back.

iambengreen

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Just an update for you guys. A Microsoft Software Engineer called me today as they said they would. They told me that they are aware of this issue which is affecting a lot of people, and they are working on a patch which will come through system update. We will just have to be patient and wait for the fix to come :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium