Like many others I upgraded to Windows 10 today. However, upon launching the new Groove Music app I was a bit surprised. Half of the music in my collection is missing. I don't store any locally, I get 99% of my music through my Zune/Xbox/Groove Pass. But for some reason a ton of my music isn't showing up in the Groove app. Also, when I go to the Store to try and re-add music, THERE'S NO WAY TO DO SO. Sure, I can buy music. But there isn't an option in sight to Add to Collection like I've been doing for years. WHAT. THE. F***.

Why is every reviewer saying that Groove is, at the very least, not terrible? Am I missing something here? I've checked for updates about a thousand times and nothing has changed.
    07-29-2015 11:19 AM
    Not sure, it works for me (not on W10Mobile, but that's a separate issue).

Here's what it looks like when I want to add Schubert's Unfished Symphony to my collection of music:
    grooveaddmusic.png
    08-01-2015 09:53 AM
    It's now broken for me also. I refuses to add to the collection from my windows home server or any other network location. I verified that the locations are part of the library "Music" and still nothing gets added. Only local music is listed.
    08-01-2015 10:06 AM
    I had the same issue on my desktop it took a few days before everything showed up (no idea why) The other problem I have is most of my OneDrive music will not show up on my Surface. I have to go to the Groove Music webpage and listen to it then it will show up on my Surface.. UGGG
    08-01-2015 10:06 AM
    I did find a solution. Apparently Groove is using the zune database for the music collection. It is located in the following directory:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Database

There should be a directory there that contains the database: EntClientDb.edb

Make sure you have exited out of Grove music. Rename the directory that contains EntClientDb.edb and append .save to the name just to be safe. My directory was a bunch of numbers.

Relaunch Grove and it will rebuild the catalog just like it would do with the Zune software. It took over a hour to catalog all my music but it is now there. There must have been some type of corruption in the db from all the early releases.
    08-01-2015 03:00 PM