How do I activate Windows 10?

etnguyen03

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
How the *bleep* do I activate Windows 10? I always receive an error, and I upgraded from a Windows 8.1 installation that is legitimate. I also followed the "kick the installation tutorial". The Error Code is 0xC004F034. Please help, if you can!

Last edited:

SinfulKnight

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Ok, I'm not the only one. Same situation. Just got my surface 3 less then a month ago. It started installing with the command trick, and after 20 minutes and about 2gb downloaded it ended in a error. No answers for this online.

etnguyen03

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I have already sent this to Microsoft via Windows Feedback, so let's see what that makes of this!

EDIT: You could try calling Microsoft. To get phone activation up, run "slui 4" from a elevated command prompt. Good luck, you'll probably have to speak to an agent.

etnguyen03

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I'm not the only one. Same situation. Just got my surface 3 less then a month ago. It started installing with the command trick, and after 20 minutes and about 2gb downloaded it ended in a error. No answers for this online.

Does your surface have Windows 10 on it yet? Has it prompted you to restart yet?

wiederman

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I had this same problem on 6 out of the 7 systems that I upgraded on today. 2 were done through the reservation system the other 5 were done with an .iso upgrade. The activation servers are overwhelmed. I kept hitting activate and nothing kept getting the same error. Finally I let it sit and one by one they are getting activated. Don't worry as long as you upgraded from 7 or 8.1 you are good to go

wiederman

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
This is different from the error posted above and my answer below wont help unfortunately I would delete the files downloaded thus far and begin it again, that may work and definitely cant hurt

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)