Do you have Windows 10 installed ?

bozvandam

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Desktop - yes. Laptop - updating now. Tablet - suddenly decided graphics accelerator not compatible (get your finger out Intel) - no.

dnbrealm

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Yes - installed on Dell XPS 13 ultrabook in the UK.

A few issues and annoyances:

1) Windows Update - stuck on failing Synaptic drivers

2) No way of removing core apps like Groove etc. I don't need them on my machine.

3) Can't change Welcome screen background which is the Windows 10 hero image.

4) Find the machine extra laggy on Power Saver mode.

5) Error during Windows Activation

If anyone has solutions please post.

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I have it installed. Overall pretty great after I updated some drivers, but my battery life has been greatly reduced. Hopefully I can figure out what is going on here.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Can't install it using any of the methods suggested. I'm starting to think it's a server issue, since many HAVE been able to get it to work. Will try again in a few days.

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
MikeSo - Bad timing IMO; many is not everyone :) Next week probably better, hopefully notifications are sent out and everything flows flawlessly look at it as a positive over those who may have installed it within the past 12 hours; that is the notice I've told many, wait a week !

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Installed on a couple of machines a few days ago via Windows Insider (Build 10162-10240), worked well with some slight drivers issues, mainly networking related, no problems with activation. Today I've tried on 4 devices and all have been a total failures, doesn't appear to be server related as two showed incompatibility issues which wasn't the case hours earlier, the rest just download, prepped for install then ERROR!!!!... Generated codes but as per usual we got the "Sorry, you haven't a hope in hell in finding out what these mean so keep clicking links/Googling until your brain explodes", yes one of my pet peeves which stems way back to the late 80's, more work finding out their definitions than it is to just wipe... My ars that is LOL.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I installed Windows 10 on my Toshiba Satellite Radius P55W-B5220 successfully between 7:00 AM PST and about 2:00 PM PST. Here's what I did:

1. I had to manually trigger the update (Windows 10 upgrade not showing up yet? Here's how to manually trigger an update | Windows Central), but then did an in-place upgrade using the System Tray applet thingy.

2. I followed the instructions to download the media creator and make installation media (How to Do a Clean Install of Windows 10). I downloaded and created both USB and ISO/DVD media.

3. I rebooted using the DVD media, nuked all my drive partitions, and re-installed clean from the DVD media. Whenever I was asked for a CD key (which happened twice), I selected "skip".

4. When the installation was done and the final reboot occurred, Windows 10 had already been activated. About 5 devices did not have drivers, but I noticed that Windows Update contained all the drivers. So I updated from Windows Update.

5. When the updates were done and the final reboot occurred, Windows 10 could only not identify 1 device. A quick Google search identified it for me, and I snagged the Win8.1 driver from the Toshiba site. I installed it, and everything has been perfect.

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
How many of you have Surface Pro 3 or pre-built PC; there has been speculation that many who have had a successful upgrade on the official day of launch met those requirements, while others are waiting longer due to driver issues and such that Windows is detecting and therefore failing to upgrade to Windows 10. It is rumored that will be ironed out very soon, some speculate in a matter of a day or two !

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes - installed on Dell XPS 13 ultrabook in the UK.

A few issues and annoyances:

1) Windows Update - stuck on failing Synaptic drivers

There is a tool to hide unwanted driver updates, I have the same laptop and this update kept failing too. I actually think it is the wrong driver as the XPS 13 doesn't use Synaptic drivers but rather the Microsoft one.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

r0st4

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Got it installed. Still molding my opinion. But so far so good. More or less. Everything looks great, everything works fine (I am especialy glad that W10 found and installed all the drivers on my notebook).

The only thing that bothers me are the apps. For example I am unable to get my Mail app to work properly (I can add my Gmail account to it but that's prety much it). Also I can't launch Spotify. Well, I mean... I can. I see it launched in task manager but it never actually launches for me. If you know what I mean.

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Upgraded on three machines - no problems. Had to play around a bit to remove bloat like Xbox app, disabled cortana and then installed Start10 - but otherwise very happy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte