How can I get the Windows 10 Settings menu to showing?

Joel London

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Windows 10 Settings Menu not showing

Greetings! I too have taken the plunge and upgraded two of my systems (my personal laptop and my work desktop) to Windows 10 and working on a third (HP Stream 8 tablet). I am having an issue on my laptop where the Settings menu does not load. I wanted to go in and change some of the personalization settings and tinker with a few others but when I did, the window flashed for a brief second and then gave me and error that reads as follows:

"ms-settings:notifications - This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel."

Again this is just to open the Settings menu. I did not receive the same message on my work computer. Mind you, the laptop is from 2010 and came with Windows 7 and I've been able to successfully upgrade each time, including today (albeit very slowly).

dvidoni

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 Settings Menu not showing

I had the same issue upgrading from Windows 8.1. Did you ever get a resolution to this issue?

dvidoni

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site

The following MS website link fixes the issue. answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/settings-doesnt-launch-or-launches-the-store/ec439819-7ee4-4b4d-abdd-35d82e04c55f?auth=1

hari pavan

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

thanks.. even I had the same settings issue and now it is solved from the link you provided.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise