Why is desktop Skype so blurry?

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Updated from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and the desktop Skype is now very blurry. Does anybody know how to resolve the issue? THANKS!

Cloudscout#WN

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
It's a scaling issue. Check your display settings and change your scaling to 100%. You may need to reboot afterwards before it will correct the blurriness.

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
It's a scaling issue. Check your display settings and change your scaling to 100%. You may need to reboot afterwards before it will correct the blurriness.
I tried that, but it ruins everything else, making it too small and not as sharp as before. THANKFULLY, I found a fix. I navigated to the Skype.exe, right click, properties. Under the Compatibility tab, I selected to disable scaling on high DPI displays. Perfectly fixed my problem!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I tried that, but it ruins everything else, making it too small and not as sharp as before. THANKFULLY, I found a fix. I navigated to the Skype.exe, right click, properties. Under the Compatibility tab, I selected to disable scaling on high DPI displays. Perfectly fixed my problem!

Fixed yours but now my Skype is naturally tiny.
Eh, it may be fuzzy, but I can read it just fine so :p

stevebor1

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Chrome is in the same boat. 125% scale works for most apps. 100% scale is what i want, but then all the other apps that do not support HDPI are super tiny, like Eclipse.

willied

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem. Doing what btbam said does fix it, but I'm not sure how W10 has this problem while W8.1 didn't. I also had this problem with Steam and Spotify. I'm kind of disappointed in the bugginess of W10. I mean, I expected some bugs, but not something like this. I'm also still experiencing a bug with volume where it jumps up and down and I reported the problem months ago on the TP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)