Windows10 Freezes My Laptop Every Time I Close It.

Shiells

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
I just downloaded Windows 10 on my laptop. Since downloading it, I have closed my laptop twice, and both times when I reopened it, it was frozen. What I mean by frozen, is that while my laptop was still powered on, the screen was entirely black, and even when I tapped the touchscreen, space bar and power button, the black screen remained. The only fix I found was to hold down the power button until the computer completely shut off and reboot it. I have never had to reboot this laptop before, never had so much as a minor glitch.

Obviously, I cannot just live with this problem for long. Help, please, or I will have to get rid of Windows.

Carlos002

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Try to take out the battery! Restart computer!
Maybe that can help you! Or check PC status pressing F12 or CTRL-ALT- DELETE (SUPR) to access Bios and restart!

Shiells

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
In other words, unscrew the bottom of the laptop, thereby problem voiding its warranty, just so I can reboot the laptop in a slightly different way? Yeah, nope. Not going to try that, thanks.

I know how to restart. What I'm looking for is a way to make it stop freezing in the first place. You know, having to restart every time I open up the a laptop is not something I'm willing to live with.

idne

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi - Did you find a solution to the laptop freezing after closing the top? I upgraded to Windows 10, have updated all drivers, and am experiencing the same problem - I have a lenovo yoga 3 pro computer.

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon