HELP Windows Taksbar disappearing with use of browsers

Ian Wider

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
I installed Windows 10 earlier today, and since installing it I've been having an issue, whenever I launch any browser, whether it be Chrome, Mozilla, IE, or Torch, it causes the taskbar to disappear, along with all of my desktop shortcuts, and I can no longer right click on my desktop to bring up the small menu for shortcuts/personalization. I've already tried things like terminating the "explorer.exe" process, and restarting it, and I really don't know what else to do. Please help as soon as possible, It may also be othewr programs that cause the taskbar to disappear, such as games, but I haven't been able to test it, seeing as just launching a browser makes it disappear and I normally launch Torch as soon as I turn on my PC.

Carlos002

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Try to right click on the taskbar, lock taskbar and toggle on/ off auto hide taskbar, restart!
If not! Wait for an update dude!
Btw, this never happened to me in Technical Preview, so it might be a bug!

Ian Wider

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
I can't right click on the taskbar because it isn't there, and right clicking on anything that isn't a window, or a program doesn't do anything at all, right clicking where the taskbar was does nothing. It's also certainly not a single time bug, because it's happened several times, all caused by the same things.

Last edited:

Ian Wider

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
When I restart the PC it comes back, though signing out and back in does not fix it. It will be there when I start the computer, but disappear if I start any browser. And once it disappears the only solution is to entirely reboot my PC.

Ian Wider

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Also, just an extended reply to the first comment, my original intent was to wait for an update, I worry that with the fact that the desktop, taskbar, and file explorer don't work, I may not be able to access windows update.

Last edited:

NeoDerGrosse

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Ok, I just could guess and make some suggestions. What Carlos002 ment was the old feature where the taskbar disapears when not used but comes back when you moove the mouse pointer down to the bottom. I guess you know that and it's not your problem.

What kind of a device are you using? Is it a Touchscreen device? Have you activated tablet mode? There is an option to not show the taskbar in tablet mode when an app is shown. But then it should happen with every app and come back when on startscreen.

The next thing is standard procedure. Are you shure you have your drivers up to date?

Ian Wider

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
I'm using a desktop PC, I can give you my parts if that would be any help, but no it's not touch screen, and I'm sure I''m not in tablet mode, I can do a scan on Iobit's Driver program to make sure everything is up to date.

Ian Wider

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Okay so according to that I have one driver out of date which I am now updating, it appears it was the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, so I highly doubt it was affecting the taskbar/desktop

NeoDerGrosse

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
It's unlikely for a network driver to cause that, it sounds more like a graphics issume. Just check your graphic driver directly over it's settings. What kind of graphic do you have Nvidia, AMD or Intel?

Ian Wider

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Okay I got it and restarted and I'm still having the issue, although I may have been wrong in connecting it to the use of a browser, it seems that no matter what I do, every time I turn on my PC, the Taskbar, Desktop, and File Explorer all stop working and cannot be restarted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12