Mail sync error message, same as phone. How can I fix this?

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Mail sync error message, same as phone

For months I have had a problem on my Windows Phone where when I sync my account manually it pops up with an error (and does sync) saying it's not been synced for 2 months (which is not true). My other two accounts don't have this issue. It was never a problem on the PC (Win 8). However, on Windows 10 Mail app I'm getting errors with that account (not the others though). It showed error 80070490 and referenced Windows Phone, even though I'm on a PC. What's the deal? Is there a way to fix it?

pjhenry1216

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Mail sync error message, same as phone

I'm having a similar issue on Windows 10. When I do a manually sync, it will properly sync but then give me that error message and includes a link to windowsphone.com. When it syncs on its own, it's fine. It's only if I click the sync button. And it still works, it just finishes with an error message. Unfortunately, since it's a built-in app, there's no way to refresh it without refreshing the whole OS apparently. I'd rather avoid doing that to simply fix an issue with a single app.

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Mail sync error message, same as phone

I tried setting that account not to sync email (saw on a thread about W10 sync issues) to see if that fixed it. Now I can't even pin my mailbox to start because it thinks it's not been synced for 3 months. 😞

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea