Why won't Outlook 2013 send emails after the Windows 10 upgrade?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

outlook 2013 will not send emails after windows 10 upgrade

It receives email just fine and will send a test email when you are in advanced settings but will any emails created just sit in outbox. The error comes up and says " 8x800ccc13 cannot connect to the network verify your network connection or modem" Which is working of course as I'm online

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I loaded FossaMail on the Windows 10 PC, since there is a lot more options available over
outlook mail. I just sent email to a friend and it didn't sit in the outbox. I'm wondering about
your send configuration has an error, which would cause your problem. Google your settings
for your email provider and make sure the SMTP is correct and check the port and if uses SSL.

sheldon cohn

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I loaded FossaMail on the Windows 10 PC and I have 2 IMAP accounts. When setting the
accounts I had to go to advance setup to add options required for receiving and sending email.
I noticed in Outlook mail some of the settings had to be redone after a new build was installed,
the same thing might have occurred with your Outlook 2013.
FossaMail has a lot more features that outlook mail needs, I sent feedback on it, who knows if
it will ever get it.

Vardaan Bhandari

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
SMPT PORT to 587 and IMAp port to 143(you will find this in advance settings tab) you were putting 25. Just try it if it works

Found a ridiculously simple solution, having got the 0x800ccc13 error and unable to connect to server in Outlook 2013 after upgrade to windows 10. Tried all sorts of scan fixes, removal of Add ins etc none of which worked....
I have jut changed the the settings of account and ports as following
Go to file and account settings and change the settings as below as below:
a.) if you have incoming at POP3 then change server and port according to SSL/TSL recomended settings can me taken from your domain
b) you have the IMPA settings then just change your sending SMPT PORT to 587 and IMAp port to 143(you will find this in advance settings tab)
.... and that cleared the error in Outlook and its working perfectly again.
Secure SSL/TLS Settings

(Recommended)

PhilipofIngleby

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Similar problems here. Updated to Windows 10 and can receive but not send emails in Outlook.
Run through the suggestions to no avail.

Actually on my screen the suggested black rectangle with

You will then see a rectangular black window appear with folder> then type in sfc/scannow

has instead: C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Any advice appreciated please.

TractorGirl327

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Similar problems here. Updated to Windows 10 and can receive but not send emails in Outlook.
Run through the suggestions to no avail.

Actually on my screen the suggested black rectangle with

You will then see a rectangular black window appear with folder> then type in sfc/scannow

has instead: C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Any advice appreciated please.

That's what i got, it's the name of your folder, so just type in sfc/scannow after it

TractorGirl327

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
So saw this on another WindowsCentral thread.

Click on the search icon, search on cmd when you find the application (Command Prompt) run as administrator (i.e. right click it and click run as administrator). You will then see a rectangular black window appear with folder> then type in sfc/scannow and sit back and wait (takes a while to run).

When finished type in exit. Then close outlook, restart and problem solve. Seems to have solved the problem for a number of people on the other thread too.

And I can send emails again. THANK YOU!! Took nigh on an hour and a half mind!

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
tried SFC /scannow twice without success, reinstalled office - still not working...grrrrrr why is MS silent on this...last week excel copy and paste was broken, culprit? the Skype 'call to' - uninstalled and excel worked, I thought the teams were speaking to each other internally again :/

MDSDerby

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi rikthemonk, I am glad someone else has had this problem too and I am not alone! However I am not that computer literate and would appreciate if you could give me this fix in a bit more detail so I can follow it through.

Chris Sturrock

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Just to confirm this method does work...we have just done it....so simple.

Right click on the windows start button normally found at bottom left corner of the screen. Go to "Command Prompt (admin)"
You then have a black screen come up. The cursor will be flashing, so just type in the following and hit enter:
sfc/scannow

Give it a few minutes....once finished restart you comp and job done!

Jamesnarice

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
To recover from the issue, you must run the Microsoft Windows Resource Checker tool, also know as ?System File Checker? or ?sfc?. This tool scans and verifies the integrity of all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct versions.

Right click on the Start button of Windows and choose: Command Prompt (Admin).
If you don?t see this, instead choose: Windows PowerShell (Admin)
Behind the prompt type: sfc /scannow
(note the space in the command)
Wait until the process completes. This usually doesn?t take longer than 20 minutes with a regular hard disk and takes much shorter when you have a fast SSD drive.
Restart your computer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers