Store gives me error 0x80072eff

Chris Mooney

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I'd really like to see what the store has to offer but, I can't access it at all. It just gives me the "server stumbled" and the error code.

I also can't use my micorsoft account at all. Any pre-installed app that you can link an account to fails. I'm really at a loss.

I looked up some of the error codes and found plenty of companies willing to let you pay to "fix" the error.

HELP PLEASE!!

Chris Mooney

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Initially I thought it might have just been first day stuff...but it sounds as if most people are being able to access the store and use their Microsoft Account properly. I've searched around the internet and it doesn't seem that this is a very common problem. Makes me worried.

Any push in the right direction would be great.

and thanks guys for commenting

Chris Mooney

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Ok, I just went into settings > Network & Internet > Proxy > at the bottom click internet options > Advanced tab > reset internet explorer settings....I then restarted and the store comes up. I have comcast with the Fast Connect Protection Suite (which is a pile of garbage) and I think that what was effecting IE settings.....and that's all a guess. I hope this helps.

nvrmt666

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Sweet mother of god...

Chris Mooney, i have had this same issue for 3 days now. Not only with the store but with every aspect of windows 10 that required logging into my Microsoft account. Endless googling, constant experimentation, innumerable reboots. I even went so far as to stay on hold w/ Microsoft support for THREE HOURS only to have the tech say "wait for the next update"

You sir, have shared the most valuable tip on the internet at the moment. the world needs to know! All fixed, thank you good sir!!

Mark Edgerton

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Chris Mooney,

THANK YOU!!! I spent many hours trying to figure this out and called Microsoft and Xbox support. Xbox support tried to help but was unable. Microsoft support you can't even get through to. Thank you very much. I don't think this is a Comcast issue though because I have a couple of other computers in my home that did not have this problem, so it is some other problem that is causing this, but you solved the problem, whatever the cause. Thanks. How on earth did you manage to figure this out? That is the bigger question...

Mark

Chris Mooney

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Mark, it was seriously dumb luck. I was frustrated at the situation and found a suggestion in the far reaches of the internet. It kind of directed me to try a few things that didn't work but ultimately got me to the internet options. And that's when I started trying stuff...and then accidentally saved a few lives. I'm glad I was able to help....and kind of wonder how many other people are having this problem.

Karma Reece

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I created an account just to say thank you Chris!! You saved my life!! I live in Canada and, I updated both my laptop and my desktop at the same time. The laptop had no issues but the desktop...I was about to smash it to bits. Lol. Thank you for your quick thinking! :excited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos