Am I the only one that installed via ISO and Wasn't prompted for a key?

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
From everything I'd read if you wanted to use an ISO you'd need the key from your current version of Windows. So I went to the site linked from here with options to download 32/64 bit versions of the OS and install them. It's installed fine, but two things:

1. The article on this site said there would be options for home or pro. The only options I saw were 32/64 bit.
2. The install never asked me for a product key. I still have mine handy in case but as of the first few hours I haven't been prompted for one.

Do I have to go somewhere in settings and manually add the product key?

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Do I have to go somewhere in settings and manually add the product key?

No, you don't. You did the right thing upgraded correctly and that's how it's supposed to work. As long as you have an official, activated qualifying product, the free upgrade offer doesn't need to ask you for a Windows 10 key during the setup process. And if you ever need to clean re-install, you can do so on the same device. See the article that confirms it.
Don't worry, Windows 10 can be reinstalled cleanly if need be after free upgrade | Windows Central

But should you ever need your Windows 10 key, you can dig it out of the registry using this handy tool, grab it here. ProduKey - Recover lost product key (CD-Key) of Windows/MS-Office/SQL Server. I've tried it today and it works very well, even capturing Office and Visual Studio keys too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon