Why do I have such terrible battery life after updating to Windows 10?

Tasha Jaiswal

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Terrible battery life after updating to Windows 10

Yesterday, I manually triggered the windows 10 update on my laptop which was running Windows 8.1 While I'm loving the Windows10 but the battery life has become terrible. The laptop hardly lasts for 1:30 hrs, earlier it used to last atleast 4-5 hours. What could be the problem? Is anyone else facing the same problem?

Nuraddeen

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Terrible battery life after updating to Windows 10

Consider up-dating graphic drivers. I had the same problem briefly after rolling back some of my display drivers (AMD radeon and Intel HD graphics-- for a different issue though). Later I noticed the battery stand by time has reduced to about 2 hrs. I was not sure then whether its the windows 10 update or the roll back. I update the drivers again, and I got my approx. 6 hr battery life back.
Hope this helps

Jesse Lim Jia Nian

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site

I'm facing the same problem on my Surface Pro 3. Seems like the culprit is the "System" & "System Interrupt", "Windows Defender" services that hogs my CPU on all idle time at around 15~30% all the time... this is very very bad... =(

Woodman1914

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

I'm trying to figure this out too on Surface Pro 3. Sometimes after closing it with the keyboard and carrying it home from work, about a 15 minute walk, I open it back up and it is hot, the fan is running full speed, and the battery went from 100% to 88% - so something didn't go to sleep properly. Usually my SP3 can go to sleep and maintain 100% charge for 8+ hours.

WW

Tasha Jaiswal

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site

My problem solved with updating drivers. I realized that I didn't update any driver after updating. Now the battery life is back to normal.

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

For SP3 and S3, I imagine the battery life will be fixed with a big firmware update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs