Does Cortana PC and mobile Sync?

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Well, When I set a location based reminder in PC in cortana, does it remind me when I take my phone there? I use both the OS with my same hotmail id.

Or is it like PC based reminders, will be noted only when you take your pc to that location?

txkimmers

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It should alert you via any Cortana and location services-enabled device once you arrive at the location. So if you arrive with phone AND laptop, both will alert you, assuming the laptop has a wifi or broadband connection up and running. That's how it worked for me when I took both latop and phone to work today.

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Well doesn't work for me that way. What's wrong? I have logged on with the same hotmail Id
It should alert you via any Cortana and location services-enabled device once you arrive at the location. So if you arrive with phone AND laptop, both will alert you, assuming the laptop has a wifi or broadband connection up and running. That's how it worked for me when I took both latop and phone to work today.

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
The calendar works though like you said, but not the reminders

txkimmers

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The calendar works though like you said, but not the reminders
Is your phone on 8.1 or the preview build of 10? I should have mentioned that...the cortana reminder syncing only works with phones running the preview build of 10. I have 10166 on an older device and it works great. My brand new 640 with 8.1? No syncing...kind of a bummer.

HOTDAWG

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Well, When I set a location based reminder in PC in cortana, does it remind me when I take my phone there?

W10 + WP8 = no
W10 + WP10 = yes!

Although I snoozed a lunch time reminder today on my phone, and it still popped up on my SP2. But it's nice to type in reminders on PC and have them pop up on phone.

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Alright I have 8.1. Thanks :) btw, howz the latest preview of windows 10? Installable on primary device? Does it still erase out all the existing apps on upgrade?

Is your phone on 8.1 or the preview build of 10? I should have mentioned that...the cortana reminder syncing only works with phones running the preview build of 10. I have 10166 on an older device and it works great. My brand new 640 with 8.1? No syncing...kind of a bummer.

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Well it is.

That integration would seriously be a WIN WIN situation ;) for MS

W10 + WP8 = no
W10 + WP10 = yes!

Although I snoozed a lunch time reminder today on my phone, and it still popped up on my SP2. But it's nice to type in reminders on PC and have them pop up on phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)