How can I uninstall the following apps

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I've updated from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and to my surprise it came with a bunch of what I would consider bloatware, such as Candy Crush Saga (really, Microsoft???). Some I was able to uninstall (such as aforementioned Candy Crush Saga or Solitaire), however there are a few apps left that I have absolutely no use for:

* Alarms & Clock (this is a laptop, not a phone)
* Movies & TV (do not plan to purchase/rent any movies/shows)
* Music (same as above)
* OneNote (no need)
* Voice Recorder (no need)
* Windows Feedback (no need)
* Weather (no need)
* Xbox (absolutely no need, never ever will. EVER!)

Is there any way to uninstall these completely or at least remove them from the "All apps" list?

gaumzi

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I've updated from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and to my surprise it came with a bunch of what I would consider bloatware, such as Candy Crush Saga (really, Microsoft???). Some I was able to uninstall (such as aforementioned Candy Crush Saga or Solitaire), however there are a few apps left that I have absolutely no use for:

* Alarms & Clock (this is a laptop, not a phone)
* Movies & TV (do not plan to purchase/rent any movies/shows)
* Music (same as above)
* OneNote (no need)
* Voice Recorder (no need)
* Windows Feedback (no need)
* Weather (no need)
* Xbox (absolutely no need, never ever will. EVER!)

Is there any way to uninstall these completely or at least remove them from the "All apps" list?

Are you serious......:amaze: Windows 10 apps are awesome.

* Alarms & Clock (make an alarm on it and you feel the difference. it is also your clock and many things)
* Movies & TV (this is not only about purchasing Movies and shows, it plays your hard drive movies too. And it is awesome, specially with the direct functionality to cast. Even better than VLC)
* Music (it is great. try it. Plays everything on your system)
* OneNote (Your choice. But it is a quick way transferring notes to you phone or other devices)
* Voice Recorder (start a Podcast bro and use it..... :evil:)
* Windows Feedback (Uninstall it if you think your system is not facing any issue. Or you can give feedback and help in development.)
* Weather (Fly away)
* Xbox (I can see you are not a gamer.)

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Weird... some apps came back by themselves. Seems like Microsoft *really* doesn't want me to rid myself of the utterly useless Xbox app even though I never have owned and never will own an Xbox, or the Alarms & Clocks app that I for one find as useful as a wart on the bottom of my foot.

Well played Microsoft, well played.

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Seems like Microsoft *really* doesn't want me to rid myself of the utterly useless Xbox app even though I never have owned and never will own an Xbox

I thought the Xbox app was relevant for PC gaming too? Kind of like Steam.

Still sucks that you can't remove it if you want to.

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I thought the Xbox app was relevant for PC gaming too? Kind of like Steam.

Still sucks that you can't remove it if you want to.

Maybe, but since I don't use systems for gaming at all I have no need for it :wink:

I've uninstalled them all again a second time and will keep an eye on my system now trying to figure out what exactly makes them reappear out of nowhere. The one I wasn't able to uninstall is "Contact support" - probably the most useless of them all - because it says that it's part of Windows and cannot be removed. Is there maybe a way to unclutter the start menu to at least visually get rid of all these entries I will never need?

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Sheesh... they all just came back again, including Xbox, Groove, even the Microsoft Solitaire collection. Seems to happen as soon as I open the Store.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills