The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
07-12-2016 12:14 PM
397 ... 141516
tools
    #7: Whole-heartedly agree. I feel very passionate on this, in that Windows 8.1 was incredibly well-designed and thoughtful about how tablet users use devices with their thumbs. The tutorials were top-notch and it was a beautiful interface. But what I find strange is that I hear almost no one talking about this! Windows 10 touch is awful and clunky and doesn't work at all. There's no easy right-thumb maneuvers, and no easy left-thumb maneuvers. Has anyone seen any traction on this idea? I echo another user's comment that there would've been no loss at all to Windows 10's direction by maintaining the Windows 8.1 tablet mode. Because for today this means I have to uninstall Windows 10 from my convertible laptop that I use primarily as a laptop tablet on a stand. And this means I miss out on the cool stuff like the Edge browser and new modes.

7) Tablet mode- a good idea with terrible execution. Tablet mode was designed to make the operating system easy to use on touch screen devices. While it helps, its extremely frustrating and seemingly incomplete. Windows that open, such as edge browser dont have minimize or maximize options, and hardly ever display tue close window option. I get this is where task view comes in, but its unnecessary to make things that complicated. Solution? Allow tablet mode to function EXACTLY like the start screen in 8.1... Enables charms bar, swipe up to see all apps, start menu scrolls horizontally.
    HeyCori likes this.
    09-15-2015 10:34 AM
    If Windows had presented this as an up grade, I would be oh, fine. No big deal. But they presented it as the answer to our prayers. And it is nothing much to care about. People are in thrall to the settings menu!! Really? is that the most one can get out of this major remake? To me that is so nothing.

A lot on this board are computer experts and there may be all sorts of insider things that are wonderful and delightful. But to the average user, me, the whole thing is just a pain. They promised a way to tag photos. Which I really really wanted. There is no help menu, so if this exists, I can't find it.

I'm not unhappy about this whole upgrade, I'm just annoyed.
    mariusmuntean likes this.
    09-15-2015 08:44 PM
    What a bunch of moaners. There's nothing wrong with windows 10.
    09-28-2015 04:12 PM

Depending on the computer, people have different experiences
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-28-2015 04:17 PM
    Need Phonetic Keyboard option in Windows 10.

The same is already in Windows 10 Mobiles
    09-29-2015 05:09 AM
    the title should have been 100 things not 10...
    baandoptager and k12000lt like this.
    10-02-2015 07:47 AM
    Windows 10 sucks big time it messed up my computer i would like to get my original factory installed windows 8.0 back can somebody out their help me do this?
    10-08-2015 03:52 AM
    Who the hell are you and maybe you think their's nothing wrong with win 10 i say your wrong their is many things wrong with it
    10-08-2015 03:57 AM
    Funny, I read the post and missed that word. It's okay if you had trouble reading it and didn't get a single word, but don't brag about it. Maybe try a larger font.
    11-18-2015 04:49 PM
    You nailed it, man! Same thing with Windows 8.0 it was beyond perfect. The only reason it was a market failure was that so many Windows users are misguided dolts. Didnt Steve Jobs once say that the customers dont know what they dont want until you put it in front of them? Or something like that. Windows 10 may continue this Microsoft tradition (think Zune) of zeroing in unerringly on what customers dont want. Win10 suffers only because not all users appreciate its deep, inner beauty.
    11-18-2015 08:00 PM
    How do you make the tiles stay on the desktop instead of accessing them with you select Start?
    12-16-2015 02:47 PM
    drag from the start menu to your desktop, automatically will link it and stay on the desktop. Works with any app type.
    12-18-2015 11:56 PM
    Simple tasks such as using the Control Panel and Search Bar for lost files on my computer is now a rigmerole. In order to have some semblance of easy access so many of these basic buttons require setups. These were standard buttons on all past windows versions but not on 10. Someone at Microsoft seems to have applied a lot of personal assumptions and not enough consumer research. Perhaps Politics is a better vocation.
    12-21-2015 01:39 PM
    Unless you're using it on a tablet, then its not as good as Win8.1 was. It's usable, but no where near as good as 8.1 was in that form factor.
    12-21-2015 02:26 PM
    There are Mac people and there are PC people. Mac people like to play games, are disorganized, wing it and like to be hip. PC people are serious, have no interest in wasting their time playing games, work/do their jobs, want a tool to do their jobs efficiently and don't care about being hip. Windows 7 was the the ultimate PC operating system. Windows 8 and 10 are a pathetic attempt to be like Mac. What are you trying to do Microsoft, lose your faithful followers??
    01-15-2016 02:47 AM
    There are Mac people and there are PC people. Mac people like to play games, are disorganized, wing it and like to be hip. PC people are serious, have no interest in wasting their time playing games, work/do their jobs, want a tool to do their jobs efficiently and don't care about being hip. Windows 7 was the the ultimate PC operating system. Windows 8 and 10 are a pathetic attempt to be like Mac. What are you trying to do Microsoft, lose your faithful followers??
    Windows 10? Like Mac OS? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    Nogitsune Micah likes this.
    01-15-2016 02:55 AM
    How do you make the tiles stay on the desktop instead of accessing them with you select Start?
    In the settings, switch to tablet mode. Have my desktop set up that way
    01-15-2016 03:07 AM
    Windows 20,like windows 8is windows 7 with tiles. I have yet to see anything windows 10 prevent me from using my pc like windows 7.

Besides who are they going to lose them to? Mac? Chromebooks?

Oh no wait. Linux.
    01-15-2016 03:33 AM
    tks
    01-25-2016 09:57 PM
    A lot TSTO going on in his list.
    05-03-2016 08:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky Pinder

What planet are you living on?

Can I just point out (as a previous layabout hipster Mac user) that I actually purchased a Windows 10 PC and ended up playing games on it as the operating system is way too flaky for me to use it as a production machine. I don't suppose that you realised that there are very few games available on OSX? The PC obviously also has a substantially larger gaming community?

Despite coming from the creative industries (which historically are reliant upon extremely professional people and well paid people who use Macs) I also recently bought a windows Tablet and windows Phone and despite both originally being on Windows 8 I upgraded them to windows 10 (and regretted it almost immediately).

My own conclusion is that Windows 10 is only suitable for desktop PCs, not tablets or phones and then in my experience it only really excels when used for gaming.
    Last edited by BayJayZus; 06-09-2016 at 01:39 PM.
    06-09-2016 11:18 AM
    While I'd agree that, based on Ducky's "Mac people like to play games" comment, he really doesn't know much about Macs, I'll say the same thing about you and your Windows 10 experience level. To say that it's "only suitable for desktop PCs" is ludicrous. It shifts seamlessly between desktop and tablet modes, and it's infinitely configurable in either realm. I'd recommend that you dig deeper in your attempts to customize the Win10 OS experience that works best for you before you ban it solely to the desktop.

Finally, what exactly makes one an "extremely professional" person, as opposed to a professional who's not quite qualified to be labeled a pro in the "extreme" sense, LOL?
    Last edited by Ahy Nonimous; 07-12-2016 at 12:14 PM. Reason: typo
    07-12-2016 12:14 PM
397 ... 141516