01-04-2019 12:54 AM
407 ... 151617
tools
    I made Windows 10 much more bearable by using Stardock apps such as WindowBlinds10, Start10, and Fences3 to customize it to my liking. A much better overall visual and user experience, at least to me. I have both a Mac mini and a customized CyberPowerPC. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages. I am a little more productive on my mini, and of course the PC is much more suited for gaming and other graphics intensive tasks.
    12-29-2018 11:03 PM
    I made Windows 10 much more bearable by using Stardock apps such as WindowBlinds10, Start10, and Fences3 to customize it to my liking. A much better overall visual and user experience, at least to me. I have both a Mac mini and a customized CyberPowerPC. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages. I am a little more productive on my mini, and of course the PC is much more suited for gaming and other graphics intensive tasks.
    Sadly, it's not free...
    01-01-2019 06:59 AM
    Sadly, it's not free...
    True, but worth every penny. Right now the complete Object Desktop package of apps is on sale for 50% off @ $24.99. You can also get a free 30-day trial on most of the individual programs to see if it's something you really want or need. Just some food for thought.
    01-01-2019 02:11 PM
    True, but worth every penny. Right now the complete Object Desktop package of apps is on sale for 50% off @ $24.99. You can also get a free 30-day trial on most of the individual programs to see if it's something you really want or need. Just some food for thought.
    There's also a lightweight and free Start menu utility, it's Classic Shell.
    01-02-2019 06:00 AM
    can the next version of windows just have a basic UI, no cortana, notification sidebar, no flashy BS that rotates, and flips, and has "ooooo prettyyyyy" glass/shadows etc....in a mocked up overly complicated menu? seriously, i like to use my system for work, and for games. i do not want commercials for other ****e you are selling, i want to be able to navigate to my hardware/software settings within 2 clicks, i would also prefer my "search" at the bottom left to search the computer, not the internet...

we should have a readily available and functional option to turn off this trash that either A. consumes resources or B. just looks....i dunno like something a person who is mostly a "mobile" user would enjoy because they have never actually used a device other than a smartphone

thank you
    01-03-2019 09:20 PM
    can the next version of windows just have a basic UI, no cortana, notification sidebar, no flashy BS that rotates, and flips, and has "ooooo prettyyyyy" glass/shadows etc....in a mocked up overly complicated menu? seriously, i like to use my system for work, and for games. i do not want commercials for other ****e you are selling, i want to be able to navigate to my hardware/software settings within 2 clicks, i would also prefer my "search" at the bottom left to search the computer, not the internet...

we should have a readily available and functional option to turn off this trash that either A. consumes resources or B. just looks....i dunno like something a person who is mostly a "mobile" user would enjoy because they have never actually used a device other than a smartphone

thank you
    Glass already back with Fluent Design, you can see blur effect in UWP.

Also, what do you mean of "notifications sidebar"?
    01-04-2019 12:50 AM

thank you
    You can actually disable Cortana by editing registry or using Winaero Tweaker.

You can actually search for files or UWP/desktop apps in your computer in Windows 10.

Also, there will be no Windows 11, 12, etc. Instead of a new major version, Microsoft turned Windows into a service and pushing feature updates for Windows 10.
    01-04-2019 12:54 AM
407 ... 151617