Ten disappointing things about Windows 10 :(

k12000lt

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I am only upset for 2 reasons:

1: Forced updates.
I have 5 windows PCs for each family member on metered connection. Now how the hell I am supposed to use my broadband for myself after whatever is left after updating these many Windows 10? And what will be left for other family members to use, antivirus updates, other essential software patches and of course for the smartphones each one has? Previously I just disabled auto updates on all computers and I was fine. For us in developing countries, broadband comes at a high price.
Also, for one gaming PC, I need a stable drivers for the hardware for every game to work smooth. Now all released driver updates are just forced no matter where they are optimized with all the games or specifically what I play. Also **** software's that come with the drivers are installed automatically (eg. NVIDIA GeForce Experience). I just don't want that.
Then the stuff I really don't want patched such as .NET, C++ which are needed and installed by some games and/or apps are also getting updated and are seriously wasting my bandwidth. I like them stock, without any latest patch because it really doesn't matter.
Windows defender- I don't use it. I have my own internet security suite. Why would I like keep updating windows defender on every computer?

2: Handwritting on hybrid PC (Lenovo Flex 2-14 specifically).
Can not disable auto correction for handwriting. I did disable it for virtual keyboard but still keeps correcting handwriting which is extremely annoying. Also I can not correct just a single letter in a sentence. I either have to delete the whole word or rewrite whole sentence. If I click virtual back space key, it deletes whole sentence. In Windows 8.1, I could just correct single letter in a sentence by clicking a small arrow above the letter and selecting clear or whatever suggestions it gave. I felt, it was better in Windows 8.1.

That is it.

marekondor

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
The File explorer in tablet mode is big dissapoitment.Especially tablet under 10 inch display.This was the most essential feature for many.The UI is really bad, the navigation controls are so small.So much fuss about w10 and continuum and now this.

Ian_Superfly

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Give Microsoft some time. It's one step at a time. Introduced tablet mode now they will improve it bit by bit.

I Think that you can give a Linux distribution "time" (and dream about what might come) but I did not expect that "time" was needed for Microsoft.
IS W10 still beta or not?

SuperJR03

Banned
Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
my internet connection keeps dropping out.. I did a fresh install of windows 8.1 pro, and when I go to device settings in network adapters, show hidden.. it shows a whole lists of added stuff that wasnt in windows 8.1... also is it safe to delete windows.old folder because its taking up 15GB and I believe its conflicting with windows 10,.. personally I wished I didnt update windows 10 so soon...

VIA HD Drivers dont work and interface is non-existent on windows 10.. seeing as though the company was taken over by Asus back in 2013, windows 10 just feels unfinished Screenshot (9).jpg

Ian_Superfly

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
More stupid things with this crappy OS.

Thought my strange problems and the so painfully bad tablet experience on my Surfaces could have to do with the fact that I've been testing the inside builds from early 2015 and forward.

So, I let W10 wipe my Surface Pro1 completely (the full refresh option). The installer copies files and reboots.... To a "no valid boot disk"...
I reboot but the same, W10 refuses to boot as it can not read the boot partition...??

I therefore download the disc creation tool and install fresh from there. But, now I can not activate as it says key is invalid (the key is in the bios of my Surface and has been good for W8 Pro, W8.1 Pro, AND through the insider testing and as well OK for the final release. The guidance I get is to purchase a new key from Microsoft Store... AND Store knows it is a MICROSOFT Surface Pro...

Now downloading the Surface 8.1 image and I will not get back to W10 (with a tablet experience worse than an old iPad1 so hopefully no big loss except frustration and time)

MORE insanely stupid things from MS.
The restoration image for Surface Pro and 8.1 from MS does not work. The tablet reverts back to W10 after reboot.

I.e. I have now a MICROSFT Pro tablet that has been a part of the development program and MS is not letting me activate it in W10 OR let me go back to 8.1.

Wow, this system is really really good... NOW I really hate that fu...ing Company!

Last edited:

Thomas Kingston1

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
windows 10 is installed on more than 67 million pcs? Bet most of them did some research into it before upgrading.. So this thread is just about nit picking 😂

PratikMade

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I Think that you can give a Linux distribution "time" (and dream about what might come) but I did not expect that "time" was needed for Microsoft.
IS W10 still beta or not?

Windows 10 will never be complete. It's a service now and will constantly be updated time and again. Linux was never my option. But I guess if you have some aspects in the OS that make you hate the company you should probably sound off your complaints in the windows feedback app. :) peace ✌

Ian_Superfly

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Windows 10 will never be complete. It's a service now and will constantly be updated time and again. Linux was never my option. But I guess if you have some aspects in the OS that make you hate the company you should probably sound off your complaints in the windows feedback app. :) peace ✌

Getting a worse tablet experience was annoying (and somewhat unexpected), getting a semi-bricked tablet where I cannot go back to 8.1 makes me feel very very angry.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
When windows vista came out :
WTF with those BSOD, Low startup, just buggy good looking UI OS compared to vista.

When windows 7 came out :
WTF that UAC still there, my program didn't work

When windows 8 come out :
WTF that start menu gone. wtf with those tile, UAC still there

When windoes 8.1 come out
WTF the button just for show and start screen is annoying,

When windows 10 come out
Please read some post above

PPL always complaining and keep using windows. End user who can't troubleshoot their problem try to start to blame without trying or do some research. Until now I'm already upgrade 19 devices including touch enabled laptop, PC, tablet and notebook. I haven't encounter any trouble in upgrading and activating.

I'm not MS employee. I'm just a student which still studying in collage. Installing an OS just following a GUI and it's not difficult at all

Ian_Superfly

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
When windows vista came out...

You do have some good points.
I never understood why people never liked W8 (except the full screen apps on a desktop).
Vista was also pretty good (especially at the end).

Maybe Windows should be divided like Fedora/Red hat. One version fit for daily use where everything is polished and one version where "most things work" but some things also are worse than what’s offered in the broad version?

I was kind of expecting MS to make the development version of the W10 their "Fedora" but too many things seems to have be "beta" in the final version (OneDrive, tablet mode, theme consistency, start screen configuration etc).

Highdefjunkie

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
When windows vista came out :
WTF with those BSOD, Low startup, just buggy good looking UI OS compared to vista.

When windows 7 came out :
WTF that UAC still there, my program didn't work

When windows 8 come out :
WTF that start menu gone. wtf with those tile, UAC still there

When windoes 8.1 come out
WTF the button just for show and start screen is annoying,

When windows 10 come out
Please read some post above

PPL always complaining and keep using windows. End user who can't troubleshoot their problem try to start to blame without trying or do some research. Until now I'm already upgrade 19 devices including touch enabled laptop, PC, tablet and notebook. I haven't encounter any trouble in upgrading and activating.

I'm not MS employee. I'm just a student which still studying in collage. Installing an OS just following a GUI and it's not difficult at all

Exactly. Any problems I had with friends were a quick online search to fix. With a bazillion different hardware setups you are going to run into issues at times. I always find it a miracle Windows runs as well as it does. It's not like Apple that controls all their hardware and software, and they still release buggy software.

Ian_Superfly

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Is Windows 10 a beta? No. Show me a OS that is released with no bugs and everything works perfectly. It never ever has happened.

Last versions of OSX seems to have had far less bugs than W10?
I don't use OSX a lot but I do occationally dual boot on my Macbook and every version seems to be just perfectly polished.

Just comparing the startscreen of my Surface Pro2 (the one that is still activated...) makes me blush compared to OSX.

PratikMade

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I don't use OSX a lot but I do occationally dual boot on my Macbook and every version seems to be just perfectly polished.

Just comparing the startscreen of my Surface Pro2 (the one that is still activated...) makes me blush compared to OSX.
You seem to be a lot influenced by open source OS. Don't compare Linux with Windows.I feel its biased in a way.
I've read some of your posts above and I feel you should just try a little bit on fixing problem rather than bashing windows. Just saying not meant to hurt you.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site

Not fair

Macbook designed to run Only by apple only computer while windows designed to run to extremly wide hardware variation.

Same thing with android/iOS comparison.

Android run on huge humber of devices while iOS only run on iPad, iPhone iPod. If apple product has a bug and not polished they'll finished. It's apple bussiness strategy which is different with microsoft

Yoan75

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
You have to make 3 separate groups of tiles. But if one of yours contain not enough tiles it automatically is below the precedent one.
Hope it help and it is comprehensive, im not native.
have a good day

Ian_Superfly

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
You seem to be a lot influenced by open source OS. Don't compare Linux with Windows.I feel its biased in a way.
I've read some of your posts above and I feel you should just try a little bit on fixing problem rather than bashing windows. Just saying not meant to hurt you.

I am fixing. Thats why I have time for this (installing update 35 of 158 on my Surface Pro1 at the moment...). :)

(I had to wipe W10 using an USB-Linux distro just to be able to install something else than W10. W8 activated lika a charm and will ASAP be updated to W8.1 where I will stay)

Will go out and run soon...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786