Ten disappointing things about Windows 10 :(

Ian_Superfly

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Desktop Chrome actually has the swipe forward/back gesture. My issue with it is the scanning of the menu/toolbar fonts.

So if you want swipe when surfing with Microsofts new glorious Windows 10 you have to rely on Google (but you will still miss the full screen of modern IE)?
No thanks, I?ll stay with W8.1 for now.

mariusmuntean

Banned
Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
How about using it for a few days..actually using it not only stare at the screen. Yes, there are things that don't seem right such as round icons for contacts, facebook not syncing profile on PC, too much white here and there...but to say that it's a wrecked train...it's a little too much.
I for one like it.

Chirag Bajaria

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
1. Surface Pro 2 Battery life has TANKED. It's now sub 3 hours and nowhere close to the all day computing experience I had with Windows 8.1. Had a fully charged device last night, put it to sleep overnight and this morning it was down to 11%.
2. Touchscreen is less responsive, especially with Edge.
3. Edge pages take forever to load. IE is faster.
4. Outlook emails don't send - they just sit there in the Outbox.
5. Surface Pro 2 runs really hot all day.
6. Bluetooth - turn it off and it turns back on - BY ITSELF.
7. Bug in Edge - sending replies in Facebook corrupts text.
8. Notifications in system tray lights up but if you tap it, there are no notifications.
9. OneDrive app permanently deleted the wrong sheets. Permanently.
10. The upgrade process was a train-wreck so had to clean install, meaning re-synching 100Gb of OneDrive and eating my data allowance.

Now I have drunk the Kool-Aid for many years and still promote the products but this to me is worse than Vista and I'm seriously contemplating a roll-back to 8.1 which, after so long in anticipation of 10 makes me sad.

monstervinvin

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
LIVE TILES ugh...

PHOTOS and FLIPBOARD

not working as they should be as active on displaying info/photos like before :<

soo unhappy.
USING SURFACE PRO 3...
it's weird since my laptop displays live tiles with ease o_O

PLEASE HELP

Josh Hearn

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Bug 1 - Edge has so many ads, etc pop up its almost no useable - fixed by edited host file - edge works great now
Bug 2 - Onedrive wouldn't open or do anything for 4 days and couldn't uninstall or install new version. 50GB of files were saved locally instead of offline/cloud - than magically I could delete those files and run the new version 4 or 5 days later
Bug3 - My computer stays in constant restart mode after attempting a restart. The spinning wheel just spins and after an hour I unplugged my battery and reinstall and powered on machine - issue still not fixed.

Way to many bugs on way to many pcs for a OS that's been developed and tested for 12 months or so. Some people in the Microsoft need to be terminated because Apple would never release anything with this many bugs

JohnIvory

May 30, 2014
Visit site
1. Surface Pro 2 Battery life has TANKED. It's now sub 3 hours and nowhere close to the all day computing experience I had with Windows 8.1. Had a fully charged device last night, put it to sleep overnight and this morning it was down to 11%.
2. Touchscreen is less responsive, especially with Edge.
3. Edge pages take forever to load. IE is faster.
4. Outlook emails don't send - they just sit there in the Outbox.
5. Surface Pro 2 runs really hot all day.
6. Bluetooth - turn it off and it turns back on - BY ITSELF.
7. Bug in Edge - sending replies in Facebook corrupts text.
8. Notifications in system tray lights up but if you tap it, there are no notifications.
9. OneDrive app permanently deleted the wrong sheets. Permanently.
10. The upgrade process was a train-wreck so had to clean install, meaning re-synching 100Gb of OneDrive and eating my data allowance.

Now I have drunk the Kool-Aid for many years and still promote the products but this to me is worse than Vista and I'm seriously contemplating a roll-back to 8.1 which, after so long in anticipation of 10 makes me sad.

I've already rolled back to 8.1. Made a hard disk image before fudging around with 10 and after 2 days decided that 8.1 was still the way to go. I'll be waiting till the expected October update before giving 10 another shot.

baandoptager

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: LIVE TILES ugh...

I cannot believe they shipped windows 10 like this. Here are my beefs so far:

1: Major annoyance: Whenever i leave my Surface Pro 3 slumbering and i come back, Edge and Mail are frozen and i can only click X,shut them down and open them again. What the truck kinda piece of poopoo software even does that? (Sorry) but i basically have 1700$ of hardware that stops me from doing simple things. (i'm running my second clean install)
2: Major annoyance: My onenote does not work. It just crashes. (and now since it's embedded more or less, you cannot re-install).
3: Major annoyance: My emails stop syncing and tells me 5 times a day: OUT OF DATE! (What does that even mean). No fix!
4: Major annoyance: For the first time in computer history, i have a computer with a mail app that won't allow me to delete multiple mails.
5: Major annoyance: I can't have different tile priority in my start menu compared to my "TOUCH" tablet mode, and.... i can only have 3 tiles next to each other (max.) and... i have to resize them individually and... i had to re-pin them indiviually to my modes too.... ARGHHHH!!!!!
6: Major annoyance: Tiles re-ordering is like shoving a pancake thru a keyhole. Frustrating like nothing else! I had to try 5 times to re-organize 1 icon!!!!! 5 times!!!!
7: Major annoyance: Picture password is like the first version of an android phone, sooo slowww... I can never log in on first attempt unless i take each stroke with extreme patience. Pretty darn crazy dumb! If you ask me. IT WORKED BEFORE! Why make it worse?. Did they not test this?
8: Major annoyance: Why did they drop the DESKTOP tile???? Why couldn't that be a tablet/desktop switcher? Seriously!!!!!!
9: Mild annoyance: Edge has some issues when your typing long and fast in some forums and it freezes once a day! Minimum!
10: Mild annoyance: The borderless windows aren't really borderless. Try running an green theme and open Groove. Uhhh nice clash of blue and green! I'm not 10 years old microsoft!? And if i wanted high contrast i would prefer to have the option of saying NO THX! (how about some transparent borders plz????)
11: Mild annoyance: Three finger swipe up on touchpad gives you a nice animation, swipe back: NO ANIMATION!
12: Mild annoyance: Market place is slow and the profile/downloads section is a mess.
13: OMG I COULD KEEP GOING!!!!!!

FIX THIS!!!!! PLZZZZZZ

vladi

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
1. Inability to change tile color for desktop apps individually for easier grouping and recognition. Unless your accent is medium gray color hunting for all those pinned apps will be fun on same colored tiles. Windows 8.1 at least assigns colors automatically so you know orange tile is Adobe Illustrator while blue tile is Photoshop.

2. Inability to change the window frame color. This is a big one and completely unnecessarily removed from Windows 10. I understand they are back to desktop environment again so when you pick accent color it affect everything but window's frame should have been at least darker instead of burning white. Better yet let us customize it once again.

3. No Desktop tile on Start Screen or click/tap anywhere on the background to get back to desktop. How come no one thought about this is beyond me as they were always clicking on the left lower corner to go back to desktop instead of anywhere on the screen as long as its not a tile. They removed hot corners yet they force you to go to the corner.

4. App list on Start Screen is a joke compared to Windows 8.1. Why no full screen without damn folder clicking?

5. Icons in charm notifications in Windows 8.1 are larger and better looking.

6. Project screen on Miracast in Windows 8.1 is three clicks away.

7. Stacking of Windows is a nice feature saved from Win8.1 but why they don't let us scale it properly like in Win8.1? Why only 50/50 split? If I try to make it wider it goes over other app instead of shortening the other app

9. Changing between the apps with left flick on the touchpad is gone.

8. Windows 8.1 was right to treat desktop as separate environment but it was too early. Sooner or later Windows will come back to Win8.1 principles. Charms had its purpose. It was a unified options menu on each app.

K THomas Murphy

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
A release like this has to be planned months out. You take the best information you have, project a likely finish date, and announce it. In this case, July 29. If they actually waited till it was done, then announced, it may have been out at Thanksgiving. Microsoft knows the market wants this update, and needs to reverse the Windows 8 bad reputation.
Are little things still somewhat undone, maybe. Are some people treating every legitimate and well thought out change as a fail? maybe.

Go with it, start getting used to it, work with the annoyances, and before you know it, it'll be natural.

I'm just glad to see that this opinion isn't common. People lost faith in Win 8 before they really gave it a chance. It started with a bunch of articles written by people who either didn't want change or didn't want to learn something new, and avalanched out of control.

At least most people are accepting this OS.

Jonathan Harris1

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I really like Windows 10...if you want more groups of tiles to display you have to change the size of the text, apps, and other items in Settings> System > Display. I've gotten my start screen off to a decent start. Screenshot (2).png

theo2881

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Groove Music App on Windows 10
I don't see a way to view our music by genre! Do I missing something? How come something like this was not even implanted on first place?

I installed back my old dinosaur ZUNE! ZUNE is still the best!

If you view your music in the album view, then you can sort by genre.

Grimlock

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like you guys with a lot of problems either need to do a clean install, or if you already have then do a repeat clean install. I did a clean install on my surface pro 3 and was getting poor battery life, did another and now it's better battery life than W8.1 (not to mention some minor glitches went away). It's running well for me on 3 of my pcs.

Funny how people are saying W8/W7 is so much better, but they had all these problems and more at launch (in the case of W7 I'm referring to vista).

Jonathan Harris1

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
It sounds like you guys with a lot of problems either need to do a clean install, or if you already have then do a repeat clean install. I did a clean install on my surface pro 3 and was getting poor battery life, did another and now it's better battery life than W8.1

Funny how people are saying W8/W7 is so much better, but they had all these problems and more at launch (in the case of W7 I'm referring to vista).

True I know a clean install for me did wonders. It sped up my Surface 3 with 2gb I was freaking out because it seemed like everything was extra slow after I upgraded.

hubemx

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
Weird. My girlfriend, family and i don't have any problems with W10.

I did clean instalation in all devices. Maybe the upgrade it's the problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)