Taskbar not working/working poorly

Dvai3

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
I just updated my laptop to windows 10 from windows 8.1. I did a full scan of my pc for viruses and I made sure to clean it. (Junk files etc) So my computer loads from the "Please wait screen" all my start apps start up everything fine... then I realize I am not connected to the internet, no problem I'll just click the wifi icon. Well, it seems like it doesn't respond, so as impatient as I am I spam it with clicks. Boom minutes later after googling on my phone for people who have similar issues it magically appears? I connect to wifi awesome. Start menu does not open, I try to type in the search bar does not respond. At first task manager did not want to respond. I am more than certain I am not the only person with issues. I found a post with my problem. I try to do as they said. I can not Action Center button doesn't work so I can't do what it is said. As I type this now it just opened I can use it now, awesome. Can someone help me? I am sorry for my unnecessary information but I am very frustrated.

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Something that Microsoft should really have stated somewhere. There is a fairly large post-update where windows is still updating and installing programs that were moved from the previous install. Generally with most of the build updates that I have done, as well as windows 7 upgrades on my domain, I have to let the system set for an hour or two after first login. Generally once you do this and give it a reboot or two things seem to get better.

Quite a few programs have threads in to explorer.exe which is what the start menu and notification window run off of which is why you will see the jerky reactions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon