Edge known issues thread

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
There seem to be several threads which have cropped about problems people are having with Edge. It might make it easier to track if we have a "known issues" thread. Here are the ones I have come across personally so far.

1. Copy/paste from one page to another, such as a url into Facebook to share does not seem to work.
  2. Share function does not allow sharing to FB or Twitter
  3. No Adblock (this may be coming)
  4. Does not work well on certain pages (for example, type lag on WindowsCenter and some other pages as well)
  5. Cursor seems jumpy as pages tend to scroll all of a sudden when holding the left click on the right scroll bar

That's what I have so far. I know that others are having problems. Perhaps if we put them all in one place it will be easier to follow solutions as they come up, or even WC could share this with MS as they have with other threads in the past.

Cheers!

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
If you have developer tools and debuggers installed like I do you will notice windows creating dump files when you close multiple tabs at once.

Lukasz Ciastko

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I experienced a very weird issue - when I downloaded a file with Edge and tried to open it from the right pane, Internet Explorer download was launching offering me to either open or download the file, neither of which actually worked.

JanMcD

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Also finding a significant delay before I can scroll, and the right horizontal scroll bar is very "jumpy". After three days I'm feeling that the horizontal scroll bar is too narrow for handy use, especially when using Edge.

tja444

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
Does anybody have a clue regarding the inability of Edge to copy and paste certain online text passages? Such a, seemingly, simple (and vital) procedure. I don't get how this was overlooked. Also, while we're at it, I keep getting the "Display Mixed Content" message -- but I couldn't find any security settings -- IE11 settings have no effect on Edge. :unhappy:

kklemn

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
sometimer when i'm writing in a text box and press enter, the cursor goes to beginning of first line (top left corner of the text box). the enter, however, gets inserted in the right place... but it's reaaaalllyy annoying!

On WindowsCentral, this bug happens when commenting a news, but not when writing in forum...

rtcinema

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Auto-correct was buggy. Sometimes it would auto-replace, sometimes it would give a red underline, and other times it would select the misspelled word and not let me ignore it. For example, I couldn't type "cliche" without it endlessly highlighting the word. Then a little while later it would replace the 'e' with an accented 'e'. Happened several times across my two days of testing it.

Edge is not reasonable for me to use right now because I bounce back and forth between my laptop and Surface 3. Once they get Favorites and Reading List to sync I'll try it again.

DMarie04

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
I cannot use the Annotate/Share feature (which, was something I was really looking forward to in Edge!) I can annotate a Web page without issue, but when I select the Share icon, it just bumps me completely out of Edge & back to my desktop EVERY time!

I cannot Print from Edge either which is ridiculous. After I select a document, go into More Options & choose Print, I get the preview of the page with my printer selection list. However, after I select my Epson printer, they're is NO PRINT Icon on the screen to actually send it to Print! (My Drivers are updated & I have no issues printing from Chrome.) REALLY FRUSTRATING!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I cannot use the Annotate/Share feature (which, was something I was really looking forward to in Edge!) I can annotate a Web page without issue, but when I select the Share icon, it just bumps me completely out of Edge & back to my desktop EVERY time!

I cannot Print from Edge either which is ridiculous. After I select a document, go into More Options & choose Print, I get the preview of the page with my printer selection list. However, after I select my Epson printer, they're is NO PRINT Icon on the screen to actually send it to Print! (My Drivers are updated & I have no issues printing from Chrome.) REALLY FRUSTRATING!

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Oh?
edge print.PNG

dwlovell

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
- unable to use top of window to resize up except at the upper right
- unable to open more than one instance from the taskbar with shift-click or right-click then click "Microsoft Edge" like with Internet Explorer. Can create a new window within edge once it is loaded and sometimes links will open a new window.
- pin-style shortcuts still load in Internet Explorer, would be nice if they opened in Edge

Todd Robinson

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Anyone use the HBONow website? Two things I've noticed is 1) doesn't save password and 2) doesn't allow full screen video viewing. Anyone have similar issues.

Alexraptor

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I've had what I can only assume is some serious memory leaks.
On two computers Edge has twice now gobbled up RAM memory like mad when sitting idle on a webpage.
The one time the entire system froze up so bad I had to hit the reset button.
The second time I actually managed to get into the Task Manger and saw to my horror that Edge was using nearly 5 gigabytes of active memory!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786