Windows 10 freezing on login screen

ebockhaus

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,

I just installed Windows 10. The install went fine, but now I am at the login screen, and that is as far as I've gotten. I have the option to click on all of the buttons on the login screen, but as soon as I click one, be it hitting enter after entering my password, or hitting the next button, or clicking "I'm not Eric", it freezes. I can't click anything, the button I clicked stays the color it looks when you press it. I then continue to click until the loading wheel appears, then the screen gets the white haze like a program isn't responding, and then goes black and reboots. I can click on the clock looking image that gives you some options, and I can click and unclick those, but as soon as I try something else, freezes.
System meets the requirements, have a genuine copy of windows 7 ultimate, downloaded windows 10 from the media launched or whatever it's called that you can bypass the wait time for receiving the update. It was from the window site, so I feel comfortable in believing it isn't a fake or anything.

Not sure what to do at this point. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

EDIT: When I turn on the narrator, everytime I make a key stroke it says "Hidden", not sure what the entails

ebockhaus

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Should I just wipe my hard drive and try installing again? Not really sure what else to do honestly, have heard a couple people with the same issue, but can't find anything online relating to a fix.

derek7467

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Same issue man. I've tried the upgrading on top of win7 a clean install and resetting it . Freezing problem comes back in every time randomly. Some bull**** Here.

Tsang Fai

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

I just installed Windows 10. The install went fine, but now I am at the login screen, and that is as far as I've gotten. I have the option to click on all of the buttons on the login screen, but as soon as I click one, be it hitting enter after entering my password, or hitting the next button, or clicking "I'm not Eric", it freezes. I can't click anything, the button I clicked stays the color it looks when you press it. I then continue to click until the loading wheel appears, then the screen gets the white haze like a program isn't responding, and then goes black and reboots. I can click on the clock looking image that gives you some options, and I can click and unclick those, but as soon as I try something else, freezes.
System meets the requirements, have a genuine copy of windows 7 ultimate, downloaded windows 10 from the media launched or whatever it's called that you can bypass the wait time for receiving the update. It was from the window site, so I feel comfortable in believing it isn't a fake or anything.

Not sure what to do at this point. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

EDIT: When I turn on the narrator, everytime I make a key stroke it says "Hidden", not sure what the entails

Are you connecting your PC to an external monitor? I have similar problem. Try to disable second screen. It worked for me.

It is a strange problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre