Windows 10 slow boot

Dheeraj Sukumaran

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm also having this same issue after windows 10 update. I'm on an i7 desktop with 16gb ram. but at random times the boot speed gets faster and then again slow. I have disabled all high impact startup programs from the task manager except one drive. still not much difference.

Ikkeh1001

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
I've had the same problem. I have a dell vostro 3350 with an external hd radeon 7400m. The way to fix this problem without compromising your battery life is to download the 14.4 driver from the amd website. It is officially only win7, win8 and win8.1 compatible but also works for win10. From my experience this works best!

hyedefinition

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I've had the same problem. I have a dell vostro 3350 with an external hd radeon 7400m. The way to fix this problem without compromising your battery life is to download the 14.4 driver from the amd website. It is officially only win7, win8 and win8.1 compatible but also works for win10. From my experience this works best!

Yes, Radon drivers have been horrible since Windows 8. They should integrate the enable/disable ULPS setting in the GUI

apccpa

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
From what I have read, and it works on 4 computers that I have upgraded from Win7 to Win10, is to disable "fast startup," shut down the computer, boot up and enable "fast startup."

I am thinking this works because "fast startup" brings over crap during the upgrade the the disabling an re-enabling gets rid of the crap.

JDHamilton6

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
From what I have read, and it works on 4 computers that I have upgraded from Win7 to Win10, is to disable "fast startup," shut down the computer, boot up and enable "fast startup."

I am thinking this works because "fast startup" brings over crap during the upgrade the the disabling an re-enabling gets rid of the crap.

I'll admit I'm a bit slow...

I disabled fast startup and shut down. When I went back to enable fast startup the options are greyed out and unavailable.

What did I do wrong?

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Been seeing a slow boot as well only on my desktop with Windows 10. My Alienware laptop boots to desktop in under 20 sec from power on. My Dell Venue 8 pro with crap hardware boots to desktop even quicker. Meanwhile, my desktop running an i7 4790k @ 4.7Ghz with Windows running on a Samsung 850 EVO takes about approximately minute to boot from reset or power up! After the Windows logo appears, it just shows the loading spinning circle and it just spins and spins for a good 30 seconds or more.

I've tried a bunch of things listed here but can't seem to figure out how everything else I own boots 2-3x faster.

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I stopped Windows Biometric Services on my laptop which was upgraded from win8.1. Stopping that service shaved off few secs of startup.

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
An update: Disabled GUI boot through msconfig. I think there some huge driver initialization delay with the kernel and their power saving schemes on newer hardware. If the issue persists, Enable Fast Startup.

lamarse

Apr 6, 2024
Visit site
An update: Disabled GUI boot through msconfig. I think there some huge driver initialization delay with the kernel and their power saving schemes on newer hardware. If the issue persists, Enable Fast Startup.
This & AMD catalyst RADEON 14.4 drivers are working for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett