07-22-2018 02:30 PM
105 1234 ...
tools
    I got this issue as well these steps fixed it for me
    1. Go to the desktop, right click anywhere, hover your mouse over new and then click shortcut
    2. When you are making a shortcut it will ask you to type a location. type in "msconfig", click next and then it will ask you what you want to name the shortcut name it anything you want its not imprtant.
    3 . A shortcut for msconfig will show up double click it and click on the boot tab at the top. once in the boot tab enable safeboot and the click network underneath it and then click apply then OK it will ask if you want to restart you should restart it
    4. Once it is restarted you should go to ms config again and then turn off safe boot and the apply and restart again and hopefully once you have done that things should return to normal
    THIS WORKED !!!!

Thank you so much, Raheem Baker. I also noticed this made startup much faster. Does this reset the startup cache or something ?
    12-02-2015 05:37 PM
    Followed Raheem Bakers instructions.Not over complicated and worked perfectly.
    12-05-2015 05:34 AM
    Ok this may not work for everyone but until ms fix this in windows 10 i will be using it because it works for me
    if my toolbar disappears i simply go to (TASKBAR AND STAR MENU PROPERTIES)IN TASKBAR MENU CLICK LOCK THE TASK BAR AND APPLY
    YOU SHOULD SEE YOUR TASK BAR APPEAR THEN JUST UNTICK LOCK THE TASK BAR AND APPLY
    it works for me every time i have a shortcut on my desktop so its realy quick to do
    hope this helps some atleast
    12-06-2015 01:49 PM
    1. Go to the desktop, right click anywhere, hover your mouse over new and then click shortcut
    2. When you are making a shortcut it will ask you to type a location. type in "msconfig", click next and then it will ask you what you want to name the shortcut name it anything you want its not imprtant.
    3 . A shortcut for msconfig will show up double click it and click on the boot tab at the top. once in the boot tab enable safeboot and the click network underneath it and then click apply then OK it will ask if you want to restart you should restart it
    4. Once it is restarted you should go to ms config again and then turn off safe boot and the apply and restart again and hopefully once you have done that things should return to normal
    It seems working so far, so I assume that there is something wrong with device that connected with networking e.g portable modem?
    12-06-2015 03:12 PM
    Thanks Raheem Baker! This is the only thing that worked for my new WIN 10 LTSB build
    12-08-2015 03:43 PM
    This worked like a dream... THANK YOU!!!

So frustrated with Microsoft... what are they playing at???
    12-08-2015 05:23 PM
    I have been fighting the Start button fixes for over a month. I am sick of the Microsoft solutions that start with "click the <Start> button"; hello the button does not work!
    The power shell options are not working, the only thing I have not tried is to create new account.
    Microsoft - create a program that works before you shove it out on the market!
    My next machine will be an Apple (gag, choke, spit)
    12-14-2015 07:37 AM
    Thank you Alex! Running CCleaner and fixing all registry issues fixed the problem! And by that I actually mean that it fixed the non-working start menu, not the missing files in folders.
    12-14-2015 09:30 PM
    i HAVE LOST THE ABILITY to left click win icon which activates the start menu
    right click gives me limited access to mu cpu
    win 10 has caused me much grieve
    Jim II
    12-14-2015 10:17 PM
    Think i have a quick and easy way to resolve Start bar being unresponsive. From Win7 too Win10

control Panel -> Programes and Features -> Turn Window Features On or Off -> disable Powershell 2, this will cause your desktop to become unresponsive after completing but after a physical restart you should have full working again. Would like to hear feedback as only managed to test this out on one system last night.

Think as Win10 using PS4 there is a conflict in PS2 being active.

I also noticed this brought the Setting Page as to how it should be for Win10 and Windows update was now available again.
    12-15-2015 01:30 AM
    this is occured cuz your previous software was not professinal
    12-20-2015 10:59 AM
    Tried this based off evryone's responses, and unfortunately, it didn't work for me. I believ I did all the steps correctly seeming how it is laid out pretty simply. Is anyone else having issues after applying this technique? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you and Thank you Rasheem for the post!
    12-21-2015 12:27 PM
    many, many thanks Raheem... it worked for me..
    only thing was the popup `msconfig.exe' didnt appear.. I had to search for it,
    but once I went through the enable safe mode start, reboot, everything came back, then disabled safe mode, and rebooted again, and it all works fine!
    you helped me a lot today.... thanks whoever you are!!
    12-22-2015 10:10 AM
    Worked for part of the task bar, not all.
    01-02-2016 08:20 PM
    Raheem Baker you are a genius. After all the failed troubleshooting I tried your short cut formula and Voila! it worked!!
    Thanks a lot and wish you a load of happiness. Keep rocking.
    01-05-2016 12:37 PM
    Raheem's solution worked for my unresponsive taskbar (Start Menu/Sound/Date/Time).
    Write down or memorize the last step before you proceed with restart (as you will have to go back to msconfig shortcut and uncheck the Safe Boot under Boot tab and restart again).
    My taskbar is still about 5x larger in size than it used to be, and does not automatically hide itself (something I still have to figure out), but at least it is responding now.
    Thank you Raheem for sharing!
    01-08-2016 05:05 PM
    thank you very much raheem! i was already panicking when most of the answers i got were not working then i saw yours
    01-10-2016 05:10 AM
    I went into safe mode and came back but that still didn't fix it for me.

My solution was to right click the task bar, then under properties, navigation tab, I checked the box that said "Replace Command Prompt with Windows PowerShell in the menu when I right-click the lower left corner or press Windows key+X." Click apply and OK.

I hadn't noticed that before I tried Raheem's solution so maybe that option wasn't there before, but hope this might help someone.
    01-11-2016 04:02 AM
    One issue, which has frequently been surfacing on Microsoft Forums and Reddit, is the inoperability of the Taskbar and all the features linked to it, such as the Start Menu and Cortana. After a certain period of time, all three stop responding to the users interactions even though the rest of the system continues to perform optimally. Microsoft is well-aware of the issue and is working to resolve it. However, until then you can try these temporary fixes to resolve the issue.

How To Fix Cortana, Search, And Start Menu Issues In Windows 10

First of all, you need to kill the erroneous processes that are causing the problems. Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to launch the Task Manager. Locate Cortana or Search from the list of currently running processes and click on End Task. The processes will re-launch and this time around, functionality will be restored.

Step 1: Press Windows Key + R to bring up the Run dialog box.

Step 2: Type in powershell and press Enter.

Step 3: Right-click on the PowerShell icon from the Taskbar and select Run as Administrator

Method 2

Step 1: Right-click the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the context menu.

Step 2: Type Powershell in Command Prompt and press Enter.

Step 3: Paste the following text in the Powershell window and press Enter.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Wait for the command to run and ignore the red error prompts if they arise. The Start Menu should be operational now.
    01-13-2016 02:47 PM
    I've worked out why the trick with the msconfig worked. As I was following that solution I noticed, under general, the selective startup button was selected, so I clicked on the normal startup button, applied and restarted and that did it. Why it decided to change itself to selective startup I have no idea, as it was fine yesterday. But that appears to be what it is.
    01-15-2016 06:01 AM
    Raheem Baker YOU NAILED IT- THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!! It was fixed in less then 5 minutes!
    01-15-2016 05:29 PM
    I just had to create an account and post that this solution saved me a lot of hassle! Raheem thanks a bunch!
    01-18-2016 09:27 PM
    After trying multiple forums and suggestions....this one worked for me!!!! Enough that I registered to reply and let everyone know. Thank you!
    01-28-2016 02:04 PM
    Raheem Baker's solution worked for me. Thanks Raheem
    01-30-2016 01:53 PM
    Such a relief Raheem. I feel the same as the two posters below:

Raheem Baker's solution worked for me. Thanks Raheem.
    After trying multiple forums and suggestions....this one worked for me!!!! Enough that I registered to reply and let everyone know. Thank you!
    02-02-2016 07:48 AM
105 1234 ...