Skype App missing

vaderag

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I had Skype app installed on Windows 8.1 and updated on my surface.
Now, it's missing. I go to the store and it tells me it's there, but i cant find it anywhere...

I rebooted and the store offered install again, but even after this it is not there!

Anyone know how i can either manually delete so i can re-install or any other way to fix this?!

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
You will have to install the desktop version as the older Skype store is not supported anymore.

There will be lightweight skype app coming later in a few month, but for the full experience the desktop application is the only option and it is the only option for now.

Check Skype website.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
In the short term look in the store for Skype Translator and install this, it is basically the app version of skype with some translation stuff you can ignore, just like the discontinued version it can't handle images etc.

On a tablet like the Surface Pro at best the desktop version is almost acceptable, on smaller tablets it's a joke, the sooner the new apps come the better and even better still would be MS/Skype doing the sensible thing and turning the mobile or Xbox One version of Skype into a universal app.

It can't be that hard can it, surely that is what 10 is about.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss