Why am I having wifi problems after Win 10 upgrade?

rmbutler58

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Why am I having wifi problems after Win 10 upgrade

Laptop is an Asus Transformer, Core i7 based, and went through the Win 10 upgrade process from Win 8.1. No issues prior to upgrade. Now, the laptop can't see the 5 GHz band of my router (a DLink N600), and the speed on the 2.4 GHz band is worse than dial-up. I'm only getting about 0.2 MBPS throughput. Any ideas? Hard wired connection works fine, but is not a viable long term connection option for me.

A much less problematic, but very annoying side issue is that the scrolling and gestures on the trackpad no longer work either. I saw a registry edit solution that has worked for some, but it didn't work for me. I assume this is a driver issue, but with the wifi problem, I simply haven't had time to look for an available updated driver. Any help with this would also be appreciated.

Thanks!

cre8tivspirit

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Why am I having wifi problems after Win 10 upgrade

I've experienced wifi issues as well on my Surface Pro 2. Had to restart twice before it would even recognize that I had wifi on the device. I couldn't even see what available connections were there.

rmbutler58

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why am I having wifi problems after Win 10 upgrade

Interesting that you're seeing something similar with the Surface.

I should also mention that two other laptops in the house went through the upgrade, both from Win 7 to Win 10. They are an Acer Core i3 based machine and a Gateway Core i5 based machine. I've been putting all my time into trying to figure out the problems on the Asus that I haven't had time to fully verify all the functions on these machines, but I have checked them out enough to know that they're both getting normal speed on the 2.4 GHz band.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium