Windows Store apps won't install

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Can't install any apps.

Shows downloading, then installing and then fails at the end. Saying "Well, this is embarrassing (see details)."

Details show "We can't find the app. error code 0x80070002"

It literally happens with any app I try to download. None will install.

Any help?

fjordstrom

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem yesterday. This may seem stupid, but rebooting helped for me :/
And otherwise, try using the wsreset.exe tool and reboot again.

ToniEscuder

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Windows + x

And write this:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command “&" {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + ‘\AppxManifest.xml’ ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}”

And restart your computer.

This solved my issue with de Store.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Windows + x

And write this:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command “&" {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + ‘\AppxManifest.xml’ ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}”

Thanks but didn't work.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Found a solution finally. Though it's really just a workaround at this point. Try this:

Switch your account over to a local account. Once done, go back to the store and install what you need to install. Then you can switch back to a Microsoft account again.

It's annoying but it works.

GouravKr5

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
Windows + x

And write this:

There are 3 double quotes in your command. That can't be right!

to-ma

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
I beleive this is the correct one...

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb