Why doesn't Google Chrome work on Windows 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

why does google chrome not work on windows 10

I installed windows 10 and now my google chrome will not work.Any help? thanks

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: why does google chrome not work on windows 10

It seems unlikely that you cannot run Chrome on Windows 10. We'll need more details around what you mean by "my google chrome will not work" - what, specifically, are you doing that is making you say this?

Please create an account on our forums and join us - folks here will be happy to assist! :)

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

Maybe Microsoft is updating their old manta of "DOS isn't done until Lotus won't run" for the 21st century! :grin:

LorenB186

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site

Chrome starts in Windows 10 but the web pages do not open (yes I have an internet connection as Edge works). I get a "Loading..." for several minutes then a "Page Unresponsive" message with a Kill or Wait buttons. If I click Wait and page has a "Loading..." label then a "Page Unresponsive" message again. I reinstalled Chrome and have the same issue after the reinstall.

Update: 08/01/2015
The Google Chrome Canary build is designed for developers and early adopters does work with Windows 10. Canary changes and gets new features almost every day.

Last edited:

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

Have you tried using another browser? For me it seems to be more an issue of connectivity. Every once in a while Chrome will not load web pages, but if I try Edge, Internet Explorer, or Firefox, they don't work either. When this happens, my computer shows that it is online. The problem is also intermittent.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Have you tried using another browser? For me it seems to be more an issue of connectivity. Every once in a while Chrome will not load web pages, but if I try Edge, Internet Explorer, or Firefox, they don't work either. When this happens, my computer shows that it is online. The problem is also intermittent.
That sounds like an issue with NIC drivers.

Frank Mazzeo

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site

I'm having the same problem: "Chrome starts in Windows 10 but the web pages do not open (yes I have an internet connection as Edge works). I get a "Loading..." for several minutes then a "Page Unresponsive" message with a Kill or Wait buttons. If I click Wait and page has a "Loading..." label then a "Page Unresponsive" message again. I reinstalled Chrome and have the same issue after the reinstall"

nTrud3r

May 2, 2015
Visit site

Strange. Mine works just fine, I'm typing this post on Chrome. Have you tried reinstalling Chrome or disabling your extensions?

drilonA

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site

I meant compatibility instead of capability, sorry. Glad that you understood what I was trying to say and glad that it worked! :wink:

Josh Hearn

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Chrome has worked fine for me in windows 10 since release day. I stopped using it however to give edge a try. I'm assuming most of you have 64 bit computers. You need to actually make sure you are using Chrome 64 bit and not just the regular 32 bit version. To make sure google chrome 64 bit and download and install. Chrome 64 bit is perfect right now in Windows 10.

FYI - All extentions also work. I'm using adblock,pocket,chromecast right now

Version: 44.0.2403.125 Updated July 29, 2015

Here is the link that's fully compatible for Windows 10
https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/index.html?platform=win64

AZFreightDog

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue. Chrome, which worked after I switched to Windows 10, then stopped working. I could not get the installed version to run. It was not a problem with the shortcut. However, deleting and reinstalling Chrome seems to have resolved the problem.

But is it my imagination or does it load slower on Windows10?

Scott Johnson12

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem. This has to be Microsoft trying to force Google out. Chrome either will not open at all or takes 10+ minutes to open. Edge opens instantly. Tried downloading Chrome and all it does is hang. Left it "downloading" overnight and it did nothing. Trying to uninstall Chrome now and it's doing the same...nothing. Oh, there it goes. Chrome just opened a full 15 minutes after I started it. Nice one Microsoft. You think know one sees what you're trying to do? I guess you have to do that because Edge is still second rate. It barely works and still has same developer tools as IE9. Just give up already!:devil:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077