The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
11-06-2016 02:07 AM
92 1234
tools
    Its light! Its Clean! And I love Cortana :D Especially when I ask her "Will You Marry Me" :D
    10-06-2015 10:52 PM
    More support by Microsoft
    Live Tiles
    Task View
    It's neu!
    Simple
    Fast
    It's hippy lel
    Free
    I can close stuff by hitting the [x]
    better than 8.1
    10-13-2015 06:53 AM
    1-10. Fast.
    10-31-2015 09:35 AM
    I purchase a beautiful Samsung laptop which came with Windows 8. I dislike almost everything there is too dislike about Windows 8. I would like to give Microsoft the benefit of the doubt that Windows 10 is an improvement but I am extremely sceptical. Here is my list of reason I am reluctant to upgrade.

1. No support for Windows Media Player. I purchased all of my music and I want the option to sort and play and see the song counts and last played history. Not sure that exist with Groove or Zune or what ever the hipsters are calling it now.
    2. No way will I pay any more money for Office. I have spent north of $1000 for office over the years. Microsoft I wont pay anymore.
    3. Too much online integrated services, sometimes I want a stand alone device that deos not have to connect to the interwebs
    11-09-2015 08:39 PM
    Nope. Windows 10 is worse.

I purchase a beautiful Samsung laptop which came with Windows 8. I dislike almost everything there is too dislike about Windows 8. I would like to give Microsoft the benefit of the doubt that Windows 10 is an improvement but I am extremely sceptical. Here is my list of reason I am reluctant to upgrade.

1. No support for Windows Media Player. I purchased all of my music and I want the option to sort and play and see the song counts and last played history. Not sure that exist with Groove or Zune or what ever the hipsters are calling it now.
    2. No way will I pay any more money for Office. I have spent north of $1000 for office over the years. Microsoft I wont pay anymore.
    3. Too much online integrated services, sometimes I want a stand alone device that deos not have to connect to the interwebs
    11-17-2015 09:22 AM

1. WMP is still here and I still use it occasionally.

2. Then don't, Office and Windows are still separate products. I had a friend using Office 2003 on their Windows 7 computer.
    Windows 10 doesn't care 365 or not.

3. You can have a local account still if you'd like, but you probably want to axe some apps and other things.
    Just Me likes this.
    11-17-2015 09:34 AM
    I am predominately a touch user on a ideapad P500 touch.

1. The UI is seemless now. No more being thrown in and out of desktop or metro depending on what kind of program you open.
    2. Love the action center over the charms. No more accidental activation.
    3. I like the vertical scrolling of the apps and tiles, like windows phone.
    4. The Edge browser is very fast.
    5. I love the settings app!
    6. My accent color is displayed much more.
    7. The transitions are simpler and much more eligant.
    8. The multitasking from the left side is better. I can cancel out apps faster.
    9. Having the start button always on and in a consistant place is helpful.
    10. It's a free upgrade!

FREE? lol. Trust me, the transition to Windows 10 will come at costs. Just not until they have firmly planted the O.S. via
    forced updates.
    11-21-2015 09:19 AM
    The main things missing that keeps me from considering changing 'all' my equipment to Windows 10 is the
    lack of a toggle for:

Do Not Permit Cloud Use
    Do Not Permit FORCED Windows updates.
    Do Not Permit FORCED apps.
    Do Not Permit ONEDRIVE.
    FREE O.S. no option to stop ADS
    Pay version of Windows 10 option to stop ADS.

I would rather Pay for my O.S. than have it throwing ADS at me. Yes the ADS are minimal now
    but as time goes on, they will become ridiculous and frequent.
    Besides, Windows O.S. will not always be free. Only FREE now to capture the market.

Nobody should have to hack the registry to maintain how they want THEIR computer to run, in a market
    that leaves you little choice/alternative O.S.'s and Cloud use.

Happy on the 1 computer left on Windows XP, for knowledge purposes only.
    Happy on the 1 computer left on Windows Vista, for knowledge purposes only.
    Happy on the 1 computer left on Windows 8.1, for knowledge purposes only.
    Happy to have only 1 computer on Windows 10, for knowledge purposes only.

Happy on the 1 computer left on Windows 7 , for regular daily use
    Happy all others have switched to Ubuntu O.S., for regular daily use

I've been in computers too long to be excited by Live Tiles, Edge, Cortana when at the same time
    it is an O.S. that is so basically invasive on privacy, security and controlling.

Google was bad enough but at least it isn't a Home and Business Computer O.S.!!
    Last edited by nekkedrunner; 11-21-2015 at 01:40 PM.
    11-21-2015 09:52 AM
    I guess people who like MicroSoft Edge don't care that they no longer have control of cookies.
    Only options are: On and an option to stop 3rd party cookies. No individual site choice.
    Now isn't that a great boost to the spamming of ads on sites.
    No option to stop ads...only an option to 'ads based on your internet cruising and personal taste'. I can see that being HEAVILY abused!

It is funny, Yahoo introduced a testing of stopping mail if the user has ADBLOCK running on their computer.
    1st question that came to my mind, how do they know what the user is running and what else have they given themselves access to on private computers.
    Anyway, Yahoo users are up in arms about Yahoo stopping their mail if they use ADBLOCKER. Threatening to not use Yahoo.
    [I]Might even have an affect, if enough of their users complain.
    Yet, here we have an O.S. so very invasive of OUR computers and I keep hearing how people love it.
    I shake my head and wonder
    • how far it will go before you won't even be able to use your computer without a Microsoft account.
      how far being pummeled with ads within the O.S. will go before objections are raised. When it is too late I assume.
      how little use the computer will become UNLESS you are on the Internet.
      how long before more information on the information highway leaves your personal computer than it gets coming in.
      how long before the CLOUD is up and running before it gets hacked with all the vast personal information held out there on supposed secure computers.

all issues that people should be thinking and talking about about instead of things like live tiles not working or how pretty the O.S. is.

I wasn't this PO'd even when the ridiculous failure of Windows Millennium was released.
    It was garbage, should never have left Beta and didn't last long but wasn't a security issue to us all.

As I have stated, Virus's are no longer the biggest concern as we move forward. They at least could be removed.

The CLOUD phenomenon is a Godsend to companies but for the user....like leaving your door wide open and going away. ROB US ROB US.
    and as I have also stated previously, No wonder it is FREE.
    People just can't get past the FREE word and it is just a dangling carrot to induce us onboard. Great ploy and works too.
    Just look how many CLOUD servers are offering FREE Cloud (limited), with an upgrade option.
    Munch Much goes the carrot. :)
    11-23-2015 07:52 PM
    Windows 10 is much better than previous releases. But the software comparability issue still need to be fixed.
    11-24-2015 12:45 AM
    1. WMP is still here and I still use it occasionally.

2. Then don't, Office and Windows are still separate products. I had a friend using Office 2003 on their Windows 7 computer.
    Windows 10 doesn't care 365 or not.

3. You can have a local account still if you'd like, but you probably want to axe some apps and other things.
    Thanks for correct some of my misconceptions. I was very worried original Window programs were going to be EOL.
    11-24-2015 10:20 PM
    I love the way Cortana is integrated into the OS. Its only going to get better as time and updates come along. I like the return of the start menu and the ability to switch from desktop - tablet mode.
    12-04-2015 07:33 AM
    "Do Not Permit Cloud Use
    Do Not Permit FORCED Windows updates.
    Do Not Permit FORCED apps.
    Do Not Permit ONEDRIVE.
    FREE O.S. no option to stop ADS
    Pay version of Windows 10 option to stop ADS."

Don't use cloud if you don't want to. Use local account instead.
    Force updates to keep everyone secured. You can turn those off if you need to.
    What forced apps are you talking about?
    Don't use Onedrive if you don't need it.
    What ads in Windows 10?
    12-05-2015 02:02 PM
    Windows 10 has lovely piece of software called Something. It does go wrong often but it is by far one of the best additions to date.
    12-07-2015 09:57 AM
    Windows 10 graphics good but its too large. Its difficult to concentrate on folder icon or to search folder.
    12-16-2015 02:29 PM
    Windows 10 (starting with 8) gave OEMs the abilities to create all kinds of fantastic form factors. I have a Dell XPS 18, for an example, that is a All in One giant touch tablet.
    12-21-2015 06:47 AM
    I have been a Windows user since 3.1, but now at Windows 10 this is just fantastic. I have to say I have never liked clutter especially on the desktop, some people have icons everywhere, recently I have discovered "Fences" that means I can have desktop icons and they cannot be seen, they are in my order and I have replaced the dreaded yellow folders (where possible) with my own icons, I even have Sleep, Re-Start and Shutdown.
    So the way I have it I have little or no use for the start. This is Windows 10 at it`s finest, I had some teething troubles back in July but up to now everything is fine.
    12-27-2015 03:36 PM
    Windows does not force any updates whatsoever, and btw ios has always been free and doesn't show me adds, they'll take a small percentage of the cost payed for non-free apps through the windows store to cover costs, like apple does.
    12-28-2015 12:47 PM
    Nice list!
    12-30-2015 03:30 PM
    It is fast
    the new start screen
    the new ui
    01-11-2016 02:22 AM
    system and compressed memory on task bar is using my memory ! why ?
    01-12-2016 01:53 AM
    Ok since you guys like it so much you must know answer for this. How do I view/add/delete/edit Favorites from IE on WP on W10? I was able to that when I had W8 on my tablet but since I updated to 10 - IE is the same as on W7 and older, and Edge is totally different browser
    01-12-2016 02:03 AM
    1. New Start menu
    2. There’s Spartan, the sparkly new web browser
    3. Xbox on Windows 10 lets gamers access the best of the Xbox Live gaming network on both Windows 10 PCs and Xbox One.
    4. Windows 10 brings Cortana. Cortana is quite intuitive and learns your preferences to provide relevant recommendations, fast access to information, and important reminders.
    5. Windows Store for multi-device purchases
    6. Windows Hello's facial recognition sign-in
    7. Windows Continuum for Phones
    8. Windows 10 help you to get an improved command prompt.
    9. Windows 10 is compatible with all kinds of modern management systems
    10. Microsoft announced that the OS upgrade would be offered free of charge for devices running Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows Phone.
    01-14-2016 05:05 AM
    Although I've fun of running & testing W10.
    But I'm sick of stubborn W7 users ranting on youtube like babies throwing tantrum.
    They're annoying & pain in a neck & never contribute to shape W10 future like us.
    I'm start to fear of making windows 10 new builds review because of them.
    01-14-2016 08:37 AM
    Some of my reasons are...

Most important drivers installed without a hitch
    Responsive
    Customization
    Start Menu
    Free

But, I didn't find it much faster than windows 7.
    01-19-2016 05:22 AM
92 1234