Current (and future) devices that support Windows Hello

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello! I thought we could compile a list of devices currently on the market that support Windows Hello. I know that none of the existing Surface tablets do (Surface Pro 3 and Surface 3 included). I'm sure the Surface Pro 4 will, but what devices (Laptops, PCs, or tablets) are out there right now that support it? Without having to buy the separate Intel Realsense 3D hardware.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
From the article by John Callaham here on Windows Central back on July 16th.

Here are all the PCs that support Windows Hello facial recognition in Windows 10 | Windows Central

Windows Central said:
If you want to use the Windows Hello facial recognition features to sign into your Windows 10 PC, Intel has you covered. The chip company has a website with a list of Windows laptops and all-in-one PCs that have its RealSense 3D camera installed, which is already compatible with Windows Hello.

The list of laptops includes three models from Asus, two from Lenovo and one each from Acer, Dell, and HP. There are also three all-in-ones on the list, including one from Lenovo and one from Dell. It also lists the innovative HP Sprout Finally, there are a number of laptops and PCs with the RealSense camera listed that are only available in Japan.

The full list includes:

Dell Inspiron 15 5548

Acer Aspire V 17 Nitro

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 15

Lenovo ThinkPad E550

Asus N551JQ

Asus ROG G771JM

Asus X751LD

HP Envy 15t Touch RealSense Laptop

Lenovo B5030

Dell Inspiron 23 7000

HP Sprout

Intel is also selling a stand-alone RealSense camera for $99.99 that is meant primarily for developers, but could be used by any Windows 10 PC. You can check out a demo of how Windows Hello works with that RealSense camera over at WinSuperSite. which include automatic logins to Windows 10 and more. Of course, more PCs will be released later this fall that will include cameras that will support Windows Hello.

Feel free to add any new devices not listed. Or if you hear any news of any upcoming devices, please share!

Last edited:

infinidim

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping that the Creative Senz3D will be supported but I can't find anything to say that it will be so far.

Regards

Infinidim

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05