Samsung Chronos 7 NP700 and Windows 10

HTC_8X_User

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Currently my Windows 10 reservation on my Samsung Chronos 7 NP700 (running Windows 8.1) says that Microsoft is validating Windows 10 for my PC and working with their partners to ensure more PCs work well with Windows 10.

I did a chat session with the Samsung PC support group and they said they are working with Microsoft so that all their Windows 7 and Windows 8 + 8.1 computers can be updated to Windows 10 soon. Sounds like a very broad statement.

Does anyone have any other information from Samsung?

HTC_8X_User

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Tried a second chat to see if I would get the same answerer.

Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.
You are now chatting with 'Austin.S'. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.
Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK1234X
Austin.S: Hi, thank you for reaching out to Samsung technical support. How may I assist you?

Me: My Samsung NP700Z7C- S01US running Windows 8.1 has a Windows 10 upgrade reserved and passed the compatibility test , but it is also indicating that Windows 10 is being validated to work with my PC and Microsoft is working with their partners so Windows 10 works well with my PC. My question is; is Samsung working with Microsoft so that Windows 10 can run on my NP700Z7?

Austin.S: Yes, Samsung is working with the Microsoft so that the customers can have windows 10 update without any hassle and after the update ensure the smooth functioning of the operating system.

Me: When will that be complete?

Austin.S: The time frame has not been given by both Microsoft and Samsung but the developers of both the company are working on the update and they will be release soon.

Me: Do you think it would be a few weeks?

Austin.S: Yes, in coming few days it will be up.

Mike: Will they show up in SW update?

Austin.S: Yes, they will,

Me: Thanks

Stud Lee

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
No, you cannot upgrade yet.(that is as of, 25/8/2015)
I have the NP700Z5AH, and I was not able to install win10.

I made a clone of my current SSD, and installed win10 as an upgrade the 1st time....it tried to install and after a few hours I got the win10 login screen. I put the user and pass in and it just black screened. Reboot and got nothing but black screen (left it for 10 mins thinking it was just working on things for it's first boot up, all I eventually got was the no OS error)

Then I attempted to do a clean install. It ran through all of the set up then rebooted and all it did was give me an infinite boot loop.

Soooo...No, I would not try it till Samsung and MS do their magic. Hope this helps.

mansline6788

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Manually installed Win10 x64 on my NP700Z7C-S01US about a week ago using the Microsoft provided Media Creation tool, created an ISO, burned it to a DVD-R, and installed. Everything went smoothly. The only problem I'm having is that the click buttons on my touchpad don't work, so until this is worked out, I'll have to use my bluetooth mouse. Other than the touchpad, there are no problems whatsoever (that I have found)

Ryo Saeba1

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Manually installed Win10 x64 on my NP700Z7C-S01US about a week ago using the Microsoft provided Media Creation tool, created an ISO, burned it to a DVD-R, and installed. Everything went smoothly. The only problem I'm having is that the click buttons on my touchpad don't work, so until this is worked out, I'll have to use my bluetooth mouse. Other than the touchpad, there are no problems whatsoever (that I have found)

Hi, just wanted to check with you and see if you got everything working. I want to upgrade too but not sure if I will run into driver issues. Is the Easy Settings working? Have you checked the HDMI port and see if it works? Not sure if you've ran into it but it's well documented that the Intel graphics in the system has problems. When an HDMI monitor is connected, it will not work once the system reboots. The driver has to be enable/disable or reinstall to reinitialize the HDMI port.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium