Windows 10 Keyboard Issues (Touch Keyboard / On-screen Keyboard)

wlsuen

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Here is the problem I have experienced for the on-screen keyboard (with or without tablet mode),

- When the on-screen keyboard comes up, the windows will not automatically resize to make way. The Keyboard will end up covering the window. (In Windows 8.1, all windows will resize.) (In Windows 10, only Store App and Microsoft Edge knows how to resize.)

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Stephan Bl

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
I reported this multiple times during the insider program, but this did not get enough attention.
Workaround: it works if the application is windowed, but sadly this bug makes tablet mode worthless.

I still hope this will be fixed soon by microsoft, as I cannot use my tablet anymore because of it and will have to revert back to windows 8

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Is this still an issue -

I ask because my wife recently complained to me about this. She has a Surface without a keyboard and uses the on-screen keyboard. Upgraded to Win10 and she tells me that she can't see what she's typing anymore.

I checked it and surely enough the on screen keyboard covers up the box you're attempting to type in.

What the heck? This was flawless in Win8.1 - it would move the window up to make way for the keyboard.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes