One of my computer is using non original windows 7 and it did not receive the free upgrade to Windows 10 (obviously). I want to upgrade it to 10 but in my country it still not available to purchase, I try to contact some local store but they say same thing.
    So, if I buy a new Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 (just OS/license, not a new pc) today and clean install my computer with original one will it receive a free upgrade to Windows 10? Or is the reservation closed in 29 July?
    Or, do I have to wait until Windows 10 available in my market?
    Last edited by Aziz Abdurachman; 08-01-2015 at 01:22 AM.
    08-01-2015 12:13 AM
    You'll get the free upgrade :) as soon as you finish updating your system
    xandros9 and Aziz Abdurachman like this.
    08-01-2015 12:37 AM
    One of my computer is using non original windows 7 and it did not receive the free upgrade to Windows 10 (obviously). I want to upgrade it to 10 but in my country it still not available to purchase (http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=Wr0GDyHB), I try to contact some store but they say same thing.
    So, if I buy a new Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 (just OS/license, not a new pc) today and clean install my computer will it receive a free upgrade?
    Or, do I have to wait until Windows 10 available in my market?
    Yes u'll get...but u should first update ur w7/8.1 to w10 without clean install.if u did a clean install u will not able to activate ur w10 copy...so first of all update it using windows update then make sure it is activated then u can perform a clean install
    Because i did a clean install and my w10 wasn't activated...so i installed my w7 again and updated my w7 to latest one and reserved my laptop...now it is downloading...now i can see my '$Windows-BT'...
    **make sure after upgrading to w10 it is activated...then u can perform clean install...or reset ur pc...if u making clean install using iso so while installing it u should skip enter product key step and after installation login to ur ms account then it will be activated
    Aziz Abdurachman likes this.
    08-01-2015 01:05 AM
    Where are you going to buy Win 7?
    I want to do exactly the same thing
    08-01-2015 06:56 AM
    Where are you going to buy Win 7?
    I want to do exactly the same thing
    May be u can buy from ms store online
    08-01-2015 08:04 AM
    You surely can, I just want to consider every possible cheap way
    08-01-2015 08:59 AM
    You surely can, I just want to consider every possible cheap way
    In local store, but in fact Windows 7 Home price is still high, about $180, but there is a discount so it price is just same as Windows 8.1, about $100. And Windows 7 Starter discounted to about $80. All of it would get same Windows 10 Home.
    But I haven't decided yet, just to make sure if I activate the license now will I get Windows 10 or not. In case of Prathameshk, he already have activate his Windows 7 before 29 July, and reinstall it again.
    08-03-2015 11:23 PM
    In local store, but in fact Windows 7 Home price is still high, about $180, but there is a discount so it price is just same as Windows 8.1, about $100. And Windows 7 Starter discounted to about $80. All of it would get same Windows 10 Home.
    But I haven't decided yet, just to make sure if I activate the license now will I get Windows 10 or not. In case of Prathameshk, he already have activate his Windows 7 before 29 July, and reinstall it again.
    Actually...when i did clean install my copy wasn't activated but if u 1st update w10 and then perform a clean install then u can activate ur windows 10
    If u are doing clean install it will never activate(correct me if i'm wrong)...so 1st of all update via WU and perform a clean install its a best way, i think to install W10(clean install)...and if u dont have patience use registery tweak to install...i did that and using my w10 home & its working perfectly...
    08-06-2015 09:23 AM
    I dont think there will be problem if u activate w7 now beacause u'll definitely get all w7 update which are necessary to reserve ur w10 update...
    Aziz Abdurachman likes this.
    08-06-2015 09:28 AM