Windows 7 Home Premium installation upgraded to Windows 10 PRO

jiyojolly92

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
I used to have a Windows 7 Home Premium which came with my Dell laptop. I became a Microsoft insider to upgrade to a preview version of windows 10. I ran into some problems with that particular build and did a clean installation using the ISO they provided in Microsoft insider site (https://insider.windows.com/) and since then been updating to various builds that came after. Now after Final version came out, I upgraded to the 10240 build and stopped insider builds. I had to restart my PC. Now I am activated with a Windows 10 Pro copy. I have doubts whether this is it or will it expire. Any have any thoughts on this craziness?

Note: I ran slmgr.vbs /dlv and it showed windows activated and no expiry date!!

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes it will stay activated as long as you are not performing any major hardware updates to your laptop. Memory upgrade should be okay but a processor or Wi-Fi card replacement might trigger the product key to not activate on your next install. If you wish to perform a clean reinstall then note down the new Windows 10 key using an key finder program (Speccy is good). You should be able to use it for activating a clean OS.

michael nabil

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Me too, I had Windows 8 home, upgraded it to insider preview 10130 and kept upgrading to new builds without clean installing. After public release I stopped insider builds and now I have windows 10 pro. I think it's a gift from ms to insiders

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo