Windows 10 Performence. My Story.

Neyney10

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I have no Idea why, but Windows 10 on my weak and a bit old PC runs blazing fast.
using 2GB of ram
NVidia GeForce 9500 as my video card
and intel duel core E5200.
purchase date: 2009.

a bit of history:
I was a huge fan of Windows XP and I liked it the most, after few years it became sluggy and slow and even the support for XP was about to be over, so I've decided to upgrade to 8.1.
I'm a gamer, well, not a hardcore one, but yes I do play call of duty, and league of legends.
after the upgrade to 8.1 from XP, the OS was much faster than XP and I really liked all the bonus features such as onedrive sync and the metro interface.
one problem that I had with 8.1 is that it was still slow in some ways.
if I wanted to search from the start menu, it would take the search menu slide from the side about 10 seconds. which is a lot for simple search function, but not only that, all the Windows Metro APPs took ages to load, such as mail, skype and lets not talk about the store which could take up to few mins to load fully.

As of 29 to july, I've decided to upgrade to windows 10, and the first thing I've checked was ofcourse the windows performance, I've opened the task manager and saw that the OS alone, without any apps or programs opened, it took 50% of my RAM, 1GB of RAM for the OS and services.
I thought for myself "oh god, that windows must be super slow on my computer!" but no, the Windows APPS are loading faster than ever, League of legends running smoother than ever, Windows search and other functions works flawlessly along with Microsoft edge, currently with League of legends + Edge + Skype , I'm using 1.5GB of my 2GB of ram and I'm not experiencing a single lag or slowness.
Well Played Microsoft.

What is your experience with Windows 10 so far?

Pratik Patra1

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Exactly the same, with a 4 year old PC which used to run Windows 7. Booting speed is insane, copying files from one drive to another is faster than before, Cortana's search is instantaneous that too with a 512 kbps connection and 2GB RAM. My PC seems to have been reborn with Windows 10.

vk1971

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Exactly my configuration. I haven't installed win 10 yet since my win 7 isn't genuine, but going to buy 7, 8 or even 10 and install it on my PC.
My question to you is an offtopic, I apologise for that.
What's the resolution of your display what version of 9500 drivers do you use? Mine is 1440x900 and I really struggle to find new drivers for my GT9500 which would have native support for my resolution. I'm forced to have very old driver 182.50 installed because that's the only version I've found which natively supports 1440x900.
Newer drivers only allow to manually set those parameters and display is kind of blurry and not that crisp as with native support.

Again, my apologies for offtopic

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05