Lock screen and sign in screen

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Its odd to me there are now 2 steps to click through before I can get to my desktop. I did not see anyway to have no password ability for the sign in window...or is there this ability? I just want to get to my desktop quickly as security is not an issue and the PC is only used by me.

Any ways to boot to desktop faster?

Nemo58

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
As far as I remember, you can choose not to sign in with a password by going to Settings>Accounts>Sign in options and tick the option you want.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried the control panel?

Yeah, I also want to use my Microsoft account but no password. I want that option to not use any password to sign in.

You will need to use alternative authentication methods, you can't use your Microsoft account without any forms of authentication. Some one correct if I'm wrong, as far I understand it is categorically not possible to use your Microsoft account to sign-in to the o/s without any forms of authentication.

This is due to the fact once you connect your Microsoft account at o/s level, you then in fact enable a "single sign-on" for everything that requires a Microsoft account.

The alternative is to use a local account and selectively use a Microsoft account where necessary.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes