I'm having major battery drain issues since updating to Windows 10.

jarrett178

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
I have two laptops. Before the Windows 10 update I had a Lenovo ThinkPad E545 that was running Windows 8.1 and Compaq Presario CQ57 that was running Windows 7 Home Premium.

Before the update I got about 3 to 3.5 hours of battery life on my Lenovo ThinkPad and about 2.5 to 3 hours on my Compaq before I charging. Now my battery life lasts about 45 mins to an 1 hour and 20 mins before I need to charge again. I thought Microsoft fixed the battery bug. I thought I needed a new battery until I googled the issue.

SMH, I hate that I ever updated. I knew I should've waited. This is getting very annoying. Since the update, my computers are basically unusable unless plugged into the charger.

MadSci2

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Ewing a significant battery drain and high heat output on my Surface Pro 3. MS has acknowledged the issue and is going to patch it for Surface Pro 3 shortly. Not sure if its going to be the same for other users.

Also, worth checking if the problem is still present. Mine has greatly decreased although still an issue. I suspect there was a lot of downloading going on in the background for a few hours after the update to Win 10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss