I never really played around with the insider preview but decided to jump in straight away to the full release on the 29th. It did run a bit crappy while it was downloading various things but once all was complete W10 ran "almost" as well as my previous W7 install.

The Edge browser is rather crappy, hit a site with ads and it slows to a crawl and doesn't seem to have an adblock option, then we have the apps, I fail to see the point really, I downloaded Facebook and twitter, you get a much better experience from the website than these crappy apps.

May be its just me but the thing just feels a bit user unfriendly. I decided to ditch W10 and went back to W7, I may go back in the future but if I'm honest feel a bit let down by W10.
    08-01-2015 01:31 PM
    It does feel a little rushed - but they're releasing updates constantly. I read a huge update is coming next week (SR1) to fix quite a few problems. You may just want to wait 30 days and then try the install again.
    08-01-2015 02:02 PM
    Suggestion: If you didn't like edge, use Internet explorer. If you don't like the apps, use the website. Those options (which you will use in w7) can also be used in windows 10. Add to that the increased security and performance and you have a worthy upgrade even if you don't want to use a single app.

Ps. I agree with you that the official twitter, and Facebook apps could be a lot better. There are rumors of a new Facebook app coming. And twitter just released their new app so hopefully they will keep updating it with features. They don't need to wait for the big update in October to do that.
    08-01-2015 02:28 PM
    The Edge browser is rather crappy, hit a site with ads and it slows to a crawl and doesn't seem to have an adblock option, then we have the apps, I fail to see the point really, I downloaded Facebook and twitter, you get a much better experience from the website than these crappy apps.

May be its just me but the thing just feels a bit user unfriendly. I decided to ditch W10 and went back to W7, I may go back in the future but if I'm honest feel a bit let down by W10.
    If those two things are your biggest concerns then you can install Chrome/Firefox and just stick to Win32 applications (i.e. don't use any apps) and you should have an experience that's still similar to but better than W7 because you get the benefit of the faster, more featured, file explorer, enhanced snap/multiple desktops, Cortana, notification centre, etc.

I'm not trying to force W10 on you, if you ultimately don't like it then ok, but I'm trying to understand what makes it worse than W7 of you just ignore all/most of the new stuff.
    08-01-2015 02:36 PM