Why won't the App Store open in Windows 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

When I open the app store, the splash screen comes up and then just disappears and nothing ever happens. Had anyone seen a fix for this?

Carolyn Thielke

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
How do I know my user ID for the group? as I cannot get the first fix to open the page to clear the cache and go that route. Also, I tried the second fix, going to Cortana- and that does nothing- I click on it and nothing happens. I am at a loss. I need to get programs back that I can do photo editing and modifying, publisher type and such .... Nothing will open for me any more.

kricko

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I found the following worked for me
- Go to Start Menu > All Apps > Windows Power Shell
- Right click on Windows PowerShell and select run as administrator
- Enter the following command and press enter:
Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Lars Kappler

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

This is what worked for me

Daniel Corrigan

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
S C:\Users\Danny> Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallL
ocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
Get-AppXPackage : Access is denied.
Access is denied.
At line:1 char:1
+ Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopm ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: :)) [Get-AppxPackage], UnauthorizedAccessException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.UnauthorizedAccessException,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.GetApp
xPackageCommand

PS C:\Users\Danny>
is what i got

jimmywyze

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: App Store won't open Windows 10

Christopher,
I tried what you suggested and I can only get part of it. I click on c: then user then user_name and then I don't see AppData. What do I do from there. Thanks

Jimmy

Steven Metz

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
I couldn't find the cache folder described in this thread and it so annoyed me to have the store in my apps list but dysfunctional, so I just removed it from the app list. I assume Microsoft doesn't really want me shopping the store or they'd fix it.

Gregory Liu

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
I have the nearly exact same issue as bludwraith except I didn't do an upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit to Windows 10 Pro but bought a full install on a flash drive of Win10 and did everything suggested on this issue and none of them worked. I had two AnswerDesk techs from Microsoft spend over 8 hours remotely attempting to fix it (essentially doing everything listed here and then some) and neither of them could get the Store app to take and both effectively gave up! Truly frustrated!
:angry:

Mark Krisburg

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: App Store won't open Windows 10

Someone is kind enough to post a solution that worked for him, and you want no one to do that until they are certain that this will solve a similar problem for everybody?

Are you serious?

dusty_58

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Checked out the $WINDOWS drive and clicked the Install Now button, and I got this:

Windows was unable to locate required installation file [boot.wim]
Error code: 0x80070002

Searching that error brings up issues with Windows Update.

I got the automatic repair loop on Windows 10 last night, months after doing the free upgrade. Hadn't installed or changed anything recently. iTunes has been giving me some issues, and also I saw some error related to OneDrive before the loop. But last night was the first time something seemed majorly wrong. The loop kinda fixed itself, but not without some new problems.

I cannot launch the store, calculator, mail, calendar, Candy Crush Saga... Paint works. Edge works. Weather works.

Most errors and problems I've searched the internet for have been from Windows 8. Can't find much for 10.

dusty_58

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site

I found this suggestion on numerous pages, and it did nothing for me. It spewed out a bunch of text for about 10 minutes, then nothing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos