Windows 10 is SLOW and heats up my Laptop. WHY?

Blackberry-Prince

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
Help mine too. Since installing Windows 10 everything on my laptop is SLOW. It takes an age to boot, then ages for anything to open up.

Can I restore my system to its original Windows 7 please anyone??
Start------Settings-----Update and Recovery-----Recovery-----Get back to Windows 7

Now sit tight! And wait for a couple of minutes.

Richard Servello

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Are you running out on metal or vm? A friend of mine was having lots of issues on vm that is not affecting any of my PCs.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

skt_diaz

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
I had a similar problem, there was a background task taking up all resources named "runtime broker". I was told to turn off "show windows tips" under settings and now everything runs smoothly. Dont remember where exactly that setting us though but it worked for me.

xecakki

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I am facing the same problem since the day the updates roll out for my laptop its lagging and slow.

where as my laptop specs are pretty high

main specs
core i7
12 gb ram

anon(9424572)

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Upon first upgrading to 10 my laptop was the same, left it on for a day or so & it cooled down & the HDD light flashing slowed down, seems after upgrading it has to run indexing or something.
I had the overheating & fan speed problem reoccur & it was due to the latest cumulative update, removed & redownloaded & it was fine again.

Nael MATAR

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
i've been facing this problem, but today for some reason i received an error message from .net, i installed .net framework 4.6, lotta changes happened to the windows, and for unknown reason it became faster, i am running windows 10 on a laptop with Core I3 CPU and 4GB of RAM, you can try it.

Blackberry-Prince

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
i've been facing this problem, but today for some reason i received an error message from .net, i installed .net framework 4.6, lotta changes happened to the windows, and for unknown reason it became faster, i am running windows 10 on a laptop with Core I3 CPU and 4GB of RAM, you can try it.

I have a Lenovo laptop. There's this cool feature called 'ONE KEY RECOVERY' I used it to get back to my original Win8.1
Win10 screwed my laptop. No battery liife, heatup and also laggy. I'll stick to windows8.1

Raineygirl

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I just updated Windows 10 today too, and mine is heating up and slow too! My laptop did run really good and seemed to never heat up. If this messes up my computer I am going to raise hell!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos