Microsoft Account Error 0x85050013

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I just upgraded to Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 3. I decided that for the time being I will use my local account to log into the computer and that I will sign in separately with my Microsoft Account into the apps that I need to use.
I had no problem doing this with Store, Weather, News. But when I try to do it with Mail & Calendar and People apps I get a message saying:
Something went wrong... We're sorry but we weren't able to do that. Error code 0x85050013.
I used Bing to search for this error code but I came up dry.
Does anybody have any idea about it?

bbennett40

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting this error when trying to add my outlook.com address to the Windows 10 Mail app. A link to your question was my first search result. :smile:

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
For all it's worth I posted this to Windows Insider. I will not get any feedback from there but at least the Windows team has the problem presented to them and hopefully they will consider it for fixing.

Martin Oh

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I encountered the same problem with Mail & Calendar when I tried to link my Calendar account to my Hotmail account whilst I was signed in to Windows 10 with my Microsoft Account. I fixed it by first converting my Windows account to a local account and then adding my Hotmail account manually in the Calendar "Add Account" dialogue.

Fuzzy John

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I fixed it by first converting my Windows account to a local account and then adding my Hotmail account manually in the Calendar "Add Account" dialogue.
Well, my situation is that I am already using a local account and I am trying to add my Microsoft Account (or Hotmail) to Mail and Calendar and the People apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos