I just upgraded to Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 3. I decided that for the time being I will use my local account to log into the computer and that I will sign in separately with my Microsoft Account into the apps that I need to use.
    I had no problem doing this with Store, Weather, News. But when I try to do it with Mail & Calendar and People apps I get a message saying:
    Something went wrong... We're sorry but we weren't able to do that. Error code 0x85050013.
    I used Bing to search for this error code but I came up dry.
    Does anybody have any idea about it?
    08-01-2015 08:06 PM
    I'm getting this error when trying to add my outlook.com address to the Windows 10 Mail app. A link to your question was my first search result.
    08-02-2015 09:59 AM
    For all it's worth I posted this to Windows Insider. I will not get any feedback from there but at least the Windows team has the problem presented to them and hopefully they will consider it for fixing.
    08-02-2015 10:08 AM
    I encountered the same problem with Mail & Calendar when I tried to link my Calendar account to my Hotmail account whilst I was signed in to Windows 10 with my Microsoft Account. I fixed it by first converting my Windows account to a local account and then adding my Hotmail account manually in the Calendar "Add Account" dialogue.
    bbennett40 likes this.
    08-03-2015 04:26 AM
    Thanks! That worked. Sad that you have to jump through hoops to do this stuff. But glad you shared!!
    08-03-2015 07:47 AM
    I fixed it by first converting my Windows account to a local account and then adding my Hotmail account manually in the Calendar "Add Account" dialogue.
    Well, my situation is that I am already using a local account and I am trying to add my Microsoft Account (or Hotmail) to Mail and Calendar and the People apps.
    08-03-2015 10:50 AM