Keyboard issues with Windows 10 upgrade.

Arlan Henry

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
The FIRST hiccup I noticed with my windows 10 upgrade is that my keyboard was not functioning properly.

My device:

GreatWall R46 Notebook (strangely not listed here)
Previously running Windows 7 Ultimate.

Problem:

I have to keep the "Fn" key depressed, more often than not, in order to type as usual.

I have tried using other input settings but none of them work with this PS/2 keyboard setup. I also do not have an external keyboard.

Windows 10 frustrations.PNG

windows 10 frustrtions 2.PNG

windows 10 problems.PNG

windows 10 keyboard stuff.PNG
There isn't even an option for Chinese input keyboards.

windows 10 stuff.PNG

windows 10 keyboard.PNG

Does anyone have any insight as to how/where I can find an alternative keyboard setting which will eliminate the need to depress the "Fn" key when typing?

WP_20150730_004.jpg
This is what my keyboard looks like

WP_20150730_007.jpg
Drivers are up to date.

Uninstalling the drivers then restarting did NOT solve the problem.

Last edited:

airebear42

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
I have a Toshiba Satellite and I'm having the same problem with my keyboard. I've searched and searched for a fix, but nothing yet. Hope they get an update out there soon to fix the problem.

Red River

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
You can't find the Chinese input keyboards under English Language.

In your first figure there, add a language. Find Chinese, then add Chinese input under the language.

Arlan Henry

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I tried that. Here are the results:

I was able to add Chinese Language (Simplified or Traditional) and they came with two keyboard inputs (Pinyin and Wubi). Long story short, it didn't work. I can't even view the keyboard preview. I'm back at square one.

Chinese.PNG

chinese 2.PNG

chinese language.PNG

chinese language settings.PNG

Arlan Henry

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm activated. The problem is that apparently Function lock is applied and "Fn"+"Nm lk" or variations of don't work. I went to my bios but I don't even have the settings to turn off function locks.

WP_20150804_15_29_35_Rich.jpg

WP_20150804_15_29_44_Rich.jpg

WP_20150804_15_30_10_Rich.jpg

WP_20150804_15_30_22_Rich.jpg

Arlan Henry

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I've FINALLY found the solution. All I had to do was to update my system drivers. I did this the unorthodox way by using torrents and downloading one of those shady Driver Updater packages that tells you all of your drivers are out of date even though you've done all your Windows Updates and upgraded to a new OS.

The software I used was Advanced Driver Updater as seen below.

Advance Driver Updater.PNG

Of course I used the cracked version rather than paying for it or using the free trial. This is probably malware but dammit, it worked.

You can try it out to see if it works for you.

I got it here.

CaptureAdvanced Driver Updater 2.7 + Crack [S0ft4PC].PNG

This totally solved my Keyboard Issue. My only problem now is readjusting to typing regularly without having to keep the "Fn"key depressed.

I hope it also works for everybody else.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs