Crackling sound Windows 10 - SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD

Viftrup

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

I have been up all night and morning now, trying to get my sound to work properly. But without any success.

I keep getting some noise / crackling as any kind of sound plays (even Windows tones), and I cant figure this out any more.
I reinstalled via. Device Manager, tried another driver (won't let me install, says Windows found the newest and best tho)

I'm about to give up on this Windows 10 already, seems like this is a huge problem, but to Realtek tho.
I have a Asus Rampage Extreme II with the SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD, and I tried literally everything.

My DxDiag is below, please save me then I wake up again...

EDIT: For some reason I need 10 posts to quote or even copy + paste it, lol. And can't attach a link neither

pastebin.com/WrSGdcHm

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Go to Sound in Control Panel, pick the playback device and Properties. In Advanced, change to 24 bit 48000hz. Try it with different sample rate. See which one works best.

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I had audio and NIC problems on one of my PC's after the upgrade. So I wiped it and reloaded 10 clean. The problems went away.

Viftrup

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
So I gave up back then, and restored Windows 8.1

But I had some new problems, and had to do a clean install. So I wanted to try Windows 10 again. The problem is still happening, and it seems like I have to return to Windows 8.1 once again, any updates on this? Or solutions?

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Once you've upgraded to Windows 10, have you then tried wiping your HD and installing Windows 10 clean? Once it's activated after the upgrade from 8.1, you can do a clean install of 10 and skip the product key - it will activate no problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos