Go from w10 home to w10 pro

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I want to go from w10 home to pro.My laptop came with w8 and I upgraded and clean installed w10 home last week.I have a valid w8.1 pro licence and I want now to get w10 pro (because of some features I need )

If I clean install w8.1 pro.then upgrade to w10 pro and then clean install again after.Will that work ?

I'm kind of worried it wont work because I've already associated my laptop with the home version of 10

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
In Windows 8, there was an option in Control Panel\System and Security\System that allowed you to add features to your current build of OS (e.g. moving from Home to Pro editions). This is an upgrade that won't change anything, and your license will remain (but be upgraded).

This screen is also found by going into Windows Explorer, right-clicking on the computer name and choosing "Properties".

I don't have Windows 10 in front of me right now, but this is how it works in Win 8.

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
There s a similar option in 10 that I got into.Not sure if it was where u said it was,but it wouldn't let me use my 8.1 pro key from there.I figured I would have to go through the tedious process of installing 8.1 pro then upgrading to 10 pro.Took all day including a clean install,but works now and w10 pro is activated

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs