Why are YouTube videos not playing with Windows 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Windows Central Question

I upgraded to Windows 10 as soon as it was available to me, and I noticed 2 problems with YouTube right away. There's an extreme lag with YouTube videos, even if I have only one tab and no other programs running. The audio and the video both lag, and nothing seems to fix this. Another problem, a lot of videos just don't play, even after trying everything I can think of to fix it. I've tried refreshing the page, closing and reopening the tab, restarting the browser, changing browsers, restarting my laptop, and nada. Does anyone have any other ideas as to how I could fix either of these?

osars ehi

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded to Windows 10 as soon as it was available to me, and I noticed 2 problems with YouTube right away. There's an extreme lag with YouTube videos, even if I have only one tab and no other programs running. The audio and the video both lag, and nothing seems to fix this. Another problem, a lot of videos just don't play, even after trying everything I can think of to fix it. I've tried refreshing the page, closing and reopening the tab, restarting the browser, changing browsers, restarting my laptop, and nada. Does anyone have any other ideas as to how I could fix either of these?
Is ur computer using amd graphics card ? I had a friend who had similar issues to yours, it turns out that it was an amd card issue.....i cant really remember how we fixed it but I think it was a graphic accelerator setting in his browser that we switched off. Google it or better still Bing it :)

Clay Eickemeyer

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Found it!
Go into Internet Explorer and open Internet Options
Screenshot 2015-08-06 13.24.08.png
Head to the Advanced tab
Screenshot 2015-08-06 13.24.25.png
And check Use Software...
Screenshot 2015-08-06 13.24.35.png

Donzi42

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
I was having this problem as well.. not sure if this will help you or anyone else but I right clicked on my speaker in the system tray and selected playback devices and even though everything looked normal I selected another device as default then reselected my proper playback device as default and problems went away... seems like in my case the sound device was the culprit

majishroomer

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
For me it WAS the AMD video card on my Sony Vaio. I clicked on File Explorer, This PC, typed in AMD, clicked on AMD file, clicked on WU-CCC2,clicked on ccc_2install, clicked on setup.exe,clicked Yes to allow app to make changes to my PC. I noticed the program then uninstalled items and the added files. Once complete I restarted the computer, went to YouTube and viola! I could play YouTube videos. Hope this helps.:smile:

Bonnie_yc

Dec 13, 2016
Visit site
I made an account just so i could thank u:) so thank uuuu i was having this issue with my hp Envy after i did a bunch of upgrades for a few days it had been doing this. Not letting me watch youtube videos or netflix just nothing video related. You saved me a trip to BestBuy!!:excited:

Joshiadee

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
Check and fix the follwoings:
1. Brower is outdated
Solution: Upgrade your browser to the latest version by following its update instruction.
2. Adobe Flash Player is not available
Solution: Adobe Flash Player is a necessary part used by your Chrome/Firefox/IE/Safari browser, which enables you to have a good YouTube watching experience. So make sure that you’ve installed the latest version of Adobe Flash Player in your browser.
3. Too many cache and cookies
Too many caches and cookies will lead to video not playing on YouTube. Therefore, you should clear caches and cookies and then restart the browser to play YouTube videos again.
Firefox: Click Firefox Menu > History > Clear Recent History > Details > Cache > Clear Now; Chrome: Click Chrome Menu > Settings > Show Advanced Settings > Clear Browsing Data > Empty the Cache/Delete Cookies;
IE: Click Gear icon > Safety > Delete Browsing History > Temporary Internet Files/ Preserve Favorites Website Data > Delete;
Safari (for Mac OS X): Click Safari Menu > Empty Cache > Empty.
4. No JavaScript support
It is an important part to let any feature work well. So you need to check the JavaScript and make sure it is running on website.
Chrome: Open a new Chrome browser window > Type "chrome: //settings/content" into the address bar and click "Enter" > Mark "Allow all sites to run JavaScript (recommended)" in the pop-up window > Click "Done" to save the setting.
Safari: In the "Edit" drop-down menu at the top of the window, select "Preferences..." > Select the "Security" icon on the top list of the window > Then, check the "Enable JavaScript" checkbox > Close the window to save your changes > Click "Refresh" to refresh Safari browser.

RaghadCS

Sep 27, 2017
Visit site
I was having this problem as well.. not sure if this will help you or anyone else but I right clicked on my speaker in the system tray and selected playback devices and even though everything looked normal I selected another device as default then reselected my proper playback device as default and problems went away... seems like in my case the sound device was the culprit

^
^
Thank you so much .. you solved my problem. Finally the videos in all the browsers I have are working now ! Thank you !!

bigtee800

Jan 13, 2018
Visit site

windows 10 go to settings then go to bottom of page click on update/security icon then check for windows updates ( mine had 2 for adobe ) or click recovery tab and roll back to previous version and it should ask if you want to check for udates...check first

scottbiggs32

May 17, 2016
Visit site
Here are some solutions which you can try
  • Make sure your computer has the latest video drivers and, if they are not the latest drivers, that you update the video drivers.

• Next try an alternative browse and disable any background running programs.

• In the Flash Player Settings, uncheck the box "Enable hardware acceleration" and then click close.

• Adding additional memory can provide your computer with the resources needed to play videos smoothly.

For more information https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...eleted-or-lost-youtube-videos/&token=IxWspla1

TITAN Roo

Jun 14, 2018
Visit site
  • Make sure your computer has the latest video drivers and, if they are not the latest drivers, that you update the video drivers.

• In the Flash Player Settings, uncheck the box "Enable hardware acceleration" and then click close.

• Adding additional memory can provide your computer with the resources needed to play videos smoothly.

For more information https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...eleted-or-lost-youtube-videos/&token=ebIg5YJW

well honestly the the adding additional memory thing dosent help unless you have like a really really old/bad system the lowest i have seen to come in systems from 2016-2018 has been 4GB of ram

and also i still have this issue even tho i have a 44core system that's 2 cpu's each having 22cores at 2.6 GHZ and i have 2TB of ECC DDR4 ram and i still have this issue......

so as far as im considered its a windows 10 issue or a YouTube issue nothing on my end and it happens on all resolutions to but the wierd part is is that it dosent happen in the horrible thing known as Microsoft edge... so i think Microsoft is doing this intentionally to get people to use edge

and also my old system from 2003 that only has 733MB of DDR1 ram its a WIN XP system and it will happily play back 480-720p video it wont do 1080p because where dealing with a pentium 4 here.

Last edited:

TITAN Roo

Jun 14, 2018
Visit site
Guys i just found a solution to the issue.... its not a nice solution but it works... first back up all your data to something if you have a second PC on your network that has a large enough hard drive to hold the data on what ever system is having the youtube issue make a make a share folder and back up everything that you care about and reinstall windows 10

i found this out after another #%$#@#@^$#@$#&% NVIDIA Driver bricked my Windows 10 install agian....... when i reinstalled windows 10 and got everything working again youtube started playing perfectly even at resolutions like 8k 60fps on the very few videos that are that high resolution...

Altenburger

Jul 11, 2019
Visit site

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e?=onenetwork.essays.agency?...token=ebIg5YJW

For more information

Nothing actually helped. I had to format the hard drive. Just had to install everything anew. Quite messy and takes time, but I didn't find a better solution then.

Last edited:

gomax

Sep 22, 2019
Visit site

SOLVED - thanks dude .... i just change Bluetooth audio to default audio by right click on sound tray :smile::smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss