My Windows 10 upgrade has a distorted sound, how can I fix it?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows 10 upgrade distorted sound

Hello, few days ago I did the windows 10 upgrade, but ever since the upgrade the sound is very distorted. I have a Sony Vaio with a realtek sound card. The drivers i have installed are the 6.0.1.7564. I tried other driver versions, I tried to switch the enhancement off, I have no idea how to resolve the problem. Any help?
Thank you for your help

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue. Just updated a few minutes ago. HELP!
I assume this error 107 below is just an ad? I don't see my computer saying I have any error. My sound is just GARBAGE! Can someone please reply with text we can understand? I am not a greenhorn on a computer but by no means am I an expert. Please help. Thanks!

Nick Jack

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Windows button + X
Device Manager
Sounds
Uninstall and delete realtek driver
Restart
Go to manufacture driver site and download the recommended sound driver for the edition of windows you were using before the upgrade

This worked for the identical problem on my VAIO.

tonyr6

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Go to Control Panel, System, Advanced System, Hardware tab, Device Installation Settings, click on "Never install driver software from Windows update" then uninstall the Realtek drivers then reboot and let Windows install the High Definition Audio drivers. They sound much better, they are stable and light on resources.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss