Why does my Windows 7 fail to update to Windows 10?

Danny Cicero

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Windows 7 fails to update to Windows 10

I reserved my copy of windows 10. I have tried to update it plenty of time but every time i do it fails during the second boot, it stops at 93% and goes to a black screen for a while, than it says "restoring back to your previous version of windows" I dont know what to do. I tried mostly everything. I deleted all the files in the software distribution and went into command prompt and put in wuauclt.exe /updatenow that didnt work. I downloaded the windows tool directly from windows that didnt work. Can someone help me? Should I call Microsoft. Is anyone else having this problem?

stga77

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Windows 7 fails to update to Windows 10

Same thing here, after waiting a really long time it just froze at 87% and after an even longer time I got the same message.
Hate this!!

Elizabeth Percy1

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: Windows 7 fails to update to Windows 10

This has happened to me too I have tried everything you have and have even reinstalled my Windows 7 in case something had broken but still no luck 16 times update has tried to install this.:eck:

Last edited:

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site

Make sure all your external devices (especially USB) are disconnected before the upgrade. . .

stga77

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

No external devices were connected.
Is this a well known issue upgrading from Windows 7?

Danny Cicero

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site

How does external devices have to do with updating windows 10? It fails on the second boot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786