What's the best way to put Windows 10 on a mac

Phil Bradburn

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
As I say... I have a mac desktop computer but all my other gear is windows. I like the look of windows 10 and want it on my mac so that it boots up as a windows 10 PC. Can anyone help?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Boot Camp and a Windows 7, 8 or 10 key. (the latter ones are probably cheaper, but then you'll have to spend more time upgrading it, etc.)

Phil Bradburn

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
Boot Camp and a Windows 7, 8 or 10 key. (the latter ones are probably cheaper, but then you'll have to spend more time upgrading it, etc.)
Thanks..... Can I buy a version for pc and use the code or does it have to be mac..... Assuming I can just get a code and shove it in to the necessary box online to download a mac version of windows 10?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks..... Can I buy a version for pc and use the code or does it have to be mac..... Assuming I can just get a code and shove it in to the necessary box online to download a mac version of windows 10?

There's no Mac-specific product thing, just make sure you buy a standalone key, not an upgrade key,

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
What I did was buy the 8.1 disk at Best Buy, load boot camp, partition my 1 TB drive in half, loaded 8.1 on the second half, then checked all the help threads for what updates are critical to get 10 then updated 8.1 with them. Then I could get my invite icon showing and registered my computer. Then after waiting 2 days, went and upgraded via a USB drive . I didn't do a clean install on my IMac but upgraded to 10. There are several articles on here to help you get it done right.

FWIW if you have a older Mac I would advise you to make sure you have any and all drivers updated for your Mac before trying to go to 10...because some video cards are throwing errors out.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb