Why does my Windows 10 freeze and then give me a black screen?

joebailey99

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
freeze and black screen

After installing the update for windows 10 I get moments when browsing or gaming that everything freezes for a few seconds than goes black screen for a few, than it comes back on and works fine for another few minutes before it does it again. I know that this is a rebuilt old computer graphics card is NVidia GeForce gt 730 that was put in after I bought the comp about 3 months ago. I don't know much about comps this is my first. if you need more info to help me id need to know how to get that info. it never did the freezing or black screen thing until immediately after the update. had windows 7 before this. ty for any help I may get.
I have a new issue to add. I was gaming when the entire pc froze and crashed out of the game to a blue screen with an error code to look up but I couldn't get a pen and paper before the comp shut down and restarted itself. that's the first time anything like that has happened in the 3 months ive been gaming on it so I assume its tied to the windows 10 update as well.
I noticed that in my task manager on startup for awhile my cpu and disk categories max at 100% a lot and for several seconds. I defragged my hardrive and that seems to have helped even though it still maxes on startup its not as much or as long. I'm getting ready to game so ill let you know if I get the freeze and black screen still.or worse the crash and restart.
still doing it.
no issues after going back to windows 7.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven