Tried Forcing Win 10 on Friends Computer-W10 not installing

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I have yet to bother try the "force" method. I just grabbed an old 4GB USB Flash Drive and used the media creation tool. I carry it around with me, so when ever I see some one still on Windows 8 I just upgrade in place from USB.

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I have yet to bother try the "force" method. I just grabbed an old 4GB USB Flash Drive and used the media creation tool. I carry it around with me, so when ever I see some one still on Windows 8 I just upgrade in place from USB.
I am going to try that right now. I think that is going to be the only way that I am going to be able to get it to install.

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Just download the ISO from windows using the tool they provide.Choose to save the ISO somewhere where you know you can easily access it.Mount the ISO to a virtual drive(there are free tools to do this).Then upgrade from the setup file.You should burn the ISO to DVD before upgrading if you want a clean install after the upgrade.This is easy and stress free and you don't have to sacrifice a USB stick.Just make sure you upgrade from the correct version of windows(ie Home,pro) and the correct architecture(32,64)You don't need to reserve or wait for your reservation to download

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Just download the ISO from windows using the tool they provide.Choose to save the ISO somewhere where you know you can easily access it.Mount the ISO to a virtual drive(there are free tools to do this).Then upgrade from the setup file.You should burn the ISO to DVD before upgrading if you want a clean install after the upgrade.This is easy and stress free and you don't have to sacrifice a USB stick.Just make sure you upgrade from the correct version of windows(ie Home,pro) and the correct architecture(32,64)You don't need to reserve or wait for your reservation to download

I have bigger problems now. The notification told me that windows 10 is ready to download. It downloaded but I keep getting an error code when trying to install. Now I downloaded win10 to a usb stick and there is absolutely no option to boot to usb drive in the advanced boot settings. I keep getting an error when I try to do that. So now I found out when he installed the win10 tp after advising him not to install it, he deleted the recovery partition. I am attempted to reset the computer and see if the problem can be solved that way, but not even that is working.

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I have bigger problems now. The notification told me that windows 10 is ready to download. It downloaded but I keep getting an error code when trying to install. Now I downloaded win10 to a usb stick and there is absolutely no option to boot to usb drive in the advanced boot settings. I keep getting an error when I try to do that. So now I found out when he installed the win10 tp after advising him not to install it, he deleted the recovery partition. I am attempted to reset the computer and see if the problem can be solved that way, but not even that is working.

I had problems booting from USB also.I Just made a bootable dvd from the ISO which worked great

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon